Hans-Wolfgang

Looking for some Ground-Level Help

I'm looking for someone to provide me at least 1-3 h. of paid time via eMail and/or TeamViewer to get me through some fundamental, RadStudio startup-issues. Have been away from Delphi programming for a number of years, and now have a relatively simple task to perform, using someone else's, existing unit to apply to my situation. Should not be difficult.

When creating a simple console application for this purpose, I found lots of terms in default source code that are new to me. To begin with, a pointer to a good resource to help me understand modifiers/qualifiers like 'strict private', 'reintroduce', 'class sealed', etc., would be helpful.

strict

Applies to private and protected scopes.
Works around the fact that private and protected members are visible within the same unit. I.e. it makes the visibility behave like one would expect.

• strict private indicates that the members are only visible to the class itself. They are not visible outside the class with no exceptions.
  • strict protected indicates that the members are visible to derived classes too.

reintroduce

Used when a class declares a method with the same name as a virtual method in a base class. The only thing it does it to suppress the warning you would otherwise get. Basically you are stating that you are "hiding" a base class virtual method on purpose and not by accident.

class sealed

Prevents inheritance from the class. You will probably only use this if you're creating a class library/framework.
There's no harm not using this if you don't really understand it's purpose.

FWIW I would think all this is explained in the help.