microtronx

Android Service using local sqlite DB

@Dave Nottage Is it possible that your servicecomponents are not working for apps published over playstore? I have the problem at the moment, that the app in release configuration installed to device works very good, starting background service ... BUT if i publish same app the service can't be startet not foreground and not in background. I don't get any exceptions. I have everything same in project settings, same configuration only change is selecting "application store" instead of "developement" under "Android64bit - Configuration" in project tree.

Any hints? What can be the reason for this?

edit:

Now i see with your DeviceLens 1.1.0 the first message on starting the app is an red exception with this text:

Not starting debugger since process cannot load the jdwp agent.

Edited by microtronx

On 3/6/2020 at 9:37 AM, microtronx said:

@Dave Nottage Is it possible that your servicecomponents are not working for apps published over playstore? I have the problem at the moment, that the app in release configuration installed to device works very good, starting background service ... BUT if i publish same app the service can't be startet not foreground and not in background. I don't get any exceptions. I have everything same in project settings, same configuration only change is selecting "application store" instead of "developement" under "Android64bit - Configuration" in project tree.

Any hints? What can be the reason for this?

edit:

Now i see with your DeviceLens 1.1.0 the first message on starting the app is an red exception with this text:

Not starting debugger since process cannot load the jdwp agent.

Wohoow, again we got it work. @Dave Nottage you use a lot of constructor override in your demo's so we've used them also BUT: these work if you install the app from Rio onto Android-device without problems. If you send your app to Playstore and it comes back, the constructor is never called so a lot of funtionality does not work. Needed 1 week to find this out.

Info for others: Don't use constructor override on forms and datamodules. Instead use the events for tform and tdatamodule where you can create the onCreate and onDestroy events from Objectinspector.

Edited by microtronx