Yaron

Advertising supported delphi desktop application

I would like to integrate Ad support for my Delphi 7 desktop application (I also have Delphi 10.3.3 which I could possibly use to create a DLL which would integrate into the D7 app).

Has anyone here ever create a Delphi desktop app that's supported by advertising?

This model is very prevalent in the mobile world, but on the desktop, I haven't found a lot of information.

I could easily integrate google ads, but I believe they do not allow ads within desktop applications.

Microsoft seems to allow Ads (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/store/monetize/ads-in-apps), but the API is designed for UWP apps (am I mistaken?) and I'm not sure how to go about the integration process.

Do you suggest other Ad networks that would integrate nicely with Delphi?

I researched a lot this because I wanted to include ads in my desktop app as well.

The bottom line is that all the content publishers support only mobile apps. I have seen the link you give before but I am unclear as to whether it works. I doubt TBH.

Google ads does not allow desktop apps indeed and they ban your account even if you "fake" a website withing a browser component.

I have a app on my desktop (TuneIn) that shows ads from google. In earlier versions, they were using Taboola but now they moved to Google Ads. When I was reaching out people from the ad networks, they all told me that the app is using a few google accounts and cycles them so detection is avoided. They also said that eventually google will figure it.

If you download the app, you can click and drag and select all the components in the window; pretty much what you do in a web page. This makes me think that the app is written with some sort of web framework and is mocking a website and thus the ads show normally.

One of those people I talked to said that in general revenue from ads in desktop apps is extremely low which in practice makes it a worthless choice unless you have 4-5 million downloads. He suggested to consider other forms of licensing, like freemium, etc.

• Like 1