ertank

Android 64bit and 32bit permissions

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.3, targeting Android 64Bit and 32Bit. Attached is a test project I used.

If that same project is compiled for Android 32Bit it gets two permission request as can be seen in below pictures

image.thumb.png.f08dbdad660fab9ad7595a82c7e6a302.pngimage.thumb.png.6e8fc8c736eb491dadb2da6498d320c7.png

However, if same code without changing anything is compiled for Android 64Bit it only asks for a single permission as can be seen in below picture

image.thumb.png.573bae3cce20b07a6a589eb9a13c605c.png

Both bitness apk files are tested on same physical phone running Android 9.

I have tried to change order of permissions in request to see if this is related with request order. I always get same above permission asked on 64bit version.

Let me know if you think this is a bug in Delphi, please.

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

Android64Bit_Permisions.7z

2 hours ago, eivindbakkestuen said:

In this primary English forum, it'd be nice to have the translation of those messages... 🙂

They roughly translate to:

uygulamasinin telefon etmesine ve cagrilan yonetmesine izin verilsin mi?
Allows the app to phone and manage the call?

Telefon arama kayitlariniza erismek icin Permissions uygulamasina izin verilsin mi?
Allow Permissions to access your phone call logs?

You don't have Read Call Log and Read Phone Numbers permissions set in the Project Options for Android 64-bit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eivindbakkestuen said:

In this primary English forum, it'd be nice to have the translation of those messages... 🙂

Changed phone language to English for any possible future questions.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

You don't have Read Call Log and Read Phone Numbers permissions set in the Project Options for Android 64-bit.

That's it. I should have spotted that. I guess I am still not used to different settings on 32Bit and 64Bit of same OS.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, ertank said:

I guess I am still not used to different settings on 32Bit and 64Bit of same OS.

Different build targets, different set of options.  Same thing with Windows 32bit/64bit, iOS 32bit/64bit, OSX 32bit/64bit, etc.