Sign in to follow this  
Bert-Jan

IOS shows black edit boxes

Hi,

I created my first multidevice app with RAD 10.3.3 and succesfully submitted it to the Apple appstore. Some customers however report that the app stops at the first login screen with darkened edit boxes.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this?

84326615_3266412920039670_6913279599883321344_n.jpg

Edited by Bert-Jan

I believe it could be that you have “night mode” enabled on your device. Turn this off and it should resolve the issue.

That could very well be the case. I'll check. This picture was provided by one of my clients.

This certainly seems like device with dark mode turned on, since TEdit uses native device rendering.

There was announcement for 10.3.3 that said plan was to support iOS 13 dark mode https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/addressing-ios-13-and-android-64-bit-with-rad-studio and the release notes http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/10.3_Rio_-_Release_3 also mentions dark mode support. But, I cannot find those settings (under Project Options - Version) available in IDE. 

Maybe it is a bug or it is just too late here...

On 11/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, robertc_delphi said:

Hello, were you able to make the app only in white mode?

No, I decided to allow iOS to change the colors. I just had to make sure that it all worked out properly. Sometimes I use an empty listbox as background to have it white in normal settings and black in dark mode. Maybe there are better ways but this works.