dummzeuch

Testing needed

Hi,

I just added workarounds for both issues described in bug #86.

I need some testers. It works for me but might not work for others.

Requirements:

• Has Delphi 10.2
  • Uses the Dark Theme (or any custom theme)
  • Must compile GExperts from the current sources.

twm

Looks good to me.

image.png.fb945346c54058570d0bb308479683ab.pngimage.png.d7f5a795cba26dcb1ec96bde620aab81.png 

Stays fine if I resize the form.

If you want me to test something specific, let me know.

Primož

Edited by Primož Gabrijelčič

39 minutes ago, Primož Gabrijelčič said:

Looks good to me.

If you want me to test something specific, let me know.

No, that's fine, exactly what I wanted to know. After needing ages to actually reproduce the problem I was no longer sure whether it had actually disappeared of if I was just seeing ghosts.

That one was tricky to solve or rather work around, but I wish the next one was something similar. Something about Unicode / UTF-8 issues makes them difficult to solve for me. At least I think I have tracked it down to a conversion issue where TStringStream is being used where it shouldn't.

@dummzeuch Can I take this chance to make a suggestion? - In the 'Memo' view of  'Library Path' and the porject options 'Search Path', as shown in @Primož Gabrijelčič

's posted screenshot, two things would increase the productivity:

• Allow pressing [Ctrl + A] to select all text in the Memo.
  • Even better - to have a 'Edit with external text editor' button, which when being clicked, will open the system's default text editor to edit the search paths.

I guess this can be done with something like:

• save the paths to a temp file with a unique name.
  • use the CreateProcess API to launch the text editor (the system's default one or can be specified by the user in GExperts), open the temp file.
  • After the text editor's closed (IIRC you can can notified with the CreateProcess win32 API), load the modified content from the temp file and put it into the 'Memo' view of the path editor.

Sorry for being off topic, I saw PG's screenshot and this idea came up :P

1 hour ago, edwinyzh said:

@dummzeuch Can I take this chance to make a suggestion? - In the 'Memo' view of  'Library Path' and the porject options 'Search Path', as shown in @Primož Gabrijelčič

's posted screenshot, two things would increase the productivity:

• Allow pressing [Ctrl + A] to select all text in the Memo.
  • Even better - to have a 'Edit with external text editor' button, which when being clicked, will open the system's default text editor to edit the search paths.

I guess this can be done with something like:

• save the paths to a temp file with a unique name.
  • use the CreateProcess API to launch the text editor (the system's default one or can be specified by the user in GExperts), open the temp file.
  • After the text editor's closed (IIRC you can can notified with the CreateProcess win32 API), load the modified content from the temp file and put it into the 'Memo' view of the path editor.

Sorry for being off topic, I saw PG's screenshot and this idea came up 😛

Could you please take the time and put this into a ticket at sourceforge?

https://sourceforge.net/p/gexperts/feature-requests/