PeterPanettone

Problem reinstalling CodeSite 5

After having installed CodeSite 5 (not the Lite version distributed for free in GetIt) in the Delphi 10.3.3 on my new computer and running the IDE afterwards I got this error message:

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Raize\CS5\Bin\CodeSiteLoggingPkg_Design260.bpl.

The module was not found.

How can Delphi tell me that it did not find the module when it obviously knows the path?

CodeSite worked well on the same Delphi version on the old computer.

I have tried to add ...\Raize\CS5\Bin to the Browsing path list:

image.png.367397506622052c1552ea642f4eb328.png

...but it did not help.

And even when I try to manually load the EXISTING CodeSiteDBToolsPkg_Design260.bpl and CodeSiteLoggingPkg_Design260.bpl in the Install Packages dialog, it tells me the module cannot be found!

However, after having removed the two packages CodeSiteDBToolsPkg_Design260.bpl and CodeSiteLoggingPkg_Design260.bpl from the Design Packages List, CodeSite seems to work ANYWAY!

I could not find any difference in the behavior from the previous installation!

I think you will need to add the installations Win32 directory to your path. I did this in the IDE (see below):

image.thumb.png.2ccb5c6c4682e9c4b18c0893bfa8c5ba.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

How can Delphi tell me that it did not find the module when it obviously knows the path?

The error message is misleading. It doesn't mean that the module CodeSiteLoggingPkg_Design260.bpl cannot be found, but rather another module required by the design module cannot be found. Most likely that will be the corresponding runtime package. The tip given by David should fix that.

40 minutes ago, David Hoyle said:

I think you will need to add the installations Win32 directory to your path.

Thanks, David! You nudged me in the right direction! But ...\CS5\Deploy\Win32 was not the right directory (in my case), like from your screenshot. Because when I tried to add those BPLs from that directory to the list of installed Design Packages (Install Packages dialog) then Delphi told me:

image.thumb.png.4b4bfad1b1939774ddcf0580e5665c14.png

Only after adding C:\COMP\Raize\CS5\Bin to the PATH variable (instead of the above one), I could then eventually install the CodeSite packages:

image.png.6236a7f84b47d23488e475cd940eca80.png

So now everything is working again!

I also had a similar problem with another component package where I solved the problem by adding the directory of that Design Package to the PATH variable. But in that case the problem was solved only after restarting Windows. Could it be that the PATH variable is becoming fully active only after a Windows reboot?

And BTW, the PATH variable contains itself the PATH variable:

image.thumb.png.bc03ba171ba6e24ded9c07da91d3a45d.png

Isn't that a SELF-REFERENCING CIRCLE?

Re: Circular reference, I don't think so. You are specifying a PATH variable for your account (user account), rather than the machine, so you are inheriting the path picked up by the IDE (from the shell) and then appending to it.

Its just the same as starting a comment prompt and doing

SET PATH=%PATH%;D:\Path\

to add a new temporary directory to the path.

1 hour ago, Uwe Raabe said:

The error message is misleading.

I LOVE misleading messages. :classic_dry: It shows how the human mind often cannot preview the consequences of what he is doing. ("What could possibly go wrong?")

Edited by PeterPanettone