Nathan Wild

FireDAC Client / Server (ODBC) Add-on web/ESD installer?

I recently upgraded my computer and moved from 10-Seattle to 10.1-Berlin. Everything looked fine and dandy, until I went to build my first project. I am missing the FireDAC.Phys.ODBC stuff entirely. Upon further research it looks like with Berlin this is an add-on. I have a license serial # for this, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to install it?! Embarcadero phone support blew me off (our support subscription is lapsed, so that's fair, I suppose). The email I sent DID get through to a person, but the instructions they gave me (pick "Upgrade" on Rad Studio in Apps & Features in the Windows Control Panel) does not work? The only option I have there is "Modify" and it is greyed out. The person I spoke to did hint that this may be because I used the web/ESD installer instead of the ISO installer. I have two questions:
1. Where can I get a web/ESD installer for the FireDAC client/server add-on?
2. If FireDAC client/server stuff is no longer part of the Rad Studio package, what is the preferred method for accessing ODBC datasources in 10+ versions of Rad Studio?

I am awaiting word from our account rep, but as I am currently dead in the water and unable to build anything, I thought I'd try here. Thanks for any help ANYONE can offer.

2 hours ago, Nathan Wild said:

If FireDAC client/server stuff is no longer part of the Rad Studio package, what is the preferred method for accessing ODBC datasources in 10+ versions of Rad Studio?

It is still part of RAD Studio in Enterprise and Architect editions, but not in Community and Professional editions. Unfortunately there is no Add-On available anymore to extend a Professional edition. The only way is to upgrade to the Enterprise edition.

Thanks for your reply.  I understand this moving forward.  However...  I have this working on my laptop in 10.1, so there MUST be some way to do it at least up to that release?  There must be an ESD installer or something somewhere?

Edited by Nathan Wild

Agreed...  Makes it rather hard to justify upgrading 😞

In case anyone is curious, I was able to solve my problem after getting an email back from our sales rep who was finally able to track down an engineer at Emb.   The solution was exactly as simple as I was expecting it to be:

1) Install the license code in the license manager

2) Run Tools | Manager Platforms from within the IDE

3) Check off boxes for the add-on

4) Wipe hands on pants