OzRob

Delphi 5, ICS (version 1.26) Sending Header Information

I have a Windows software product originally developed in Delphi 1, then moved to Delphi 5 where it is stuck; too many add-ons to migrate it to a later Delphi.

I use your ICS suite, particularly THttpCli (version 1.26, end of 1999) and am inquiring how I can incorporate header information into a HTTP post transaction.  It seems that header information can be received, but not sent.  Is that the case or am I missing something.

Attached is HTTPProt.pas.

Sorry, really do not have time to explore 20 year old code,  ICS still supports Delphi 7 and later, but not earlier due to lack of language features. 

Angus

2 hours ago, OzRob said:

then moved to Delphi 5 where it is stuck; too many add-ons to migrate it to a later Delphi.

Do you have full source code for the add-ons you use? If yes, it should be fairly easy to port the code to the current Delphi version. I have done that a lot of times with great success. Without source, you have to replace the old add-ons by current version if it exists or by other ones. This may be more difficult. Advice: never use an add-on without full source code.

btw: If you want to discuss porting your code, you should post in another forum, maybe this one https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/4-vcl/ if we are talking about VCL.

Investigate the old D5 sample code for ICS. Alternatively you can use latest Delphi to build a dll which you can call from your legacy D5 application. That's how I did for one project.