Sign in to follow this  
Yaron

How do you test your Delphi applications for Android?

There are so many devices and versions of the OS in the user-space, what practices do you use to test your Delphi applications for Android?

I try to test the most common devices in the market, the rare devices I do ignore (not much complaints yet from customers).

From Asia I have got more issues, that apps don'T start, but usually they have strange versions of Android running.

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

I try to test the most common devices in the market, the rare devices I do ignore (not much complaints yet from customers).

Does that mean you own all these devices? How many are we talking about?

I have about  6-7 different devices, including Android & iOS, for direct testing.

But I mean that I'm lucky to have also several Beta-Tester, with more devices, so usually I can test about 20 different devices before upload to the stores.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I use RadStudio under Win10 (1803), in VmWare Fusion (still V11), on a Mac for iOS and Android development.

Edited by Rollo62

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Yes, I use RadStudio under Win10 (1803), in VmWare Fusion (still V11), on a Mac for iOS and Android development.

Are you able to debug the apps?

Yes, I mostly had problems with iOS and Samsung devices.
But currently (since 10.2.3) all is fine.

I was able to debug Android application in v10.2.2, but then after installing v10.2.3 it stopped working, either the debug doesn't hook correctly (it never debugs) or it stalls on 'launching' and never continues.  Pressing "cancel" at this point returns an error that the port is in use (I even read about how to change the port, but the error remained just showing a different port number).

I suspect this may be related to the fact that I installed v10.2.3 ontop of v10.2.2 without doing a clean install (this resulted in a few other glitches as well).

Have you installed all hotfixes, etc., and have you tried with a "blank" app, e.g. just a button ?

@Rollo62 If you're referring to me, yes, everything is installed and it happens with a blank app.

But there are definitely issues with upgrading over an existing version, I can list several glitches, but it's out of topic here.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:27 AM, Yaron said:

I suspect this may be related to the fact that I installed v10.2.3 ontop of v10.2.2 without doing a clean install (this resulted in a few other glitches as well).

No, I get the same error with a clean install of 10.2.3

Let's hope the upcoming 10.3 will resolve this