Sign in to follow this  
microtronx

Difference between "Developement" and "Application Store"

I use Rio for Android developement. It creates my app which is already available in the playstore but i think something is wrong with Rio when it creates the output with project configuration changed to appstore. 

@Marco Cantu are there any limitations known when it comes to 32/64bit and services with Rio? 

In "developement" everything works very good (api target 26) but when app is published to google playstore and i install it from there, none of the services can be started and also logcat does not show anything.

Thanks for some tips / hints.

Edited by microtronx

Is the app in the PlayStore already switched to AAB Bundles, or do you try to update APK ?

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Is the app in the PlayStore already switched to AAB Bundles, or do you try to update APK ?

I use AAB bundles

Compile with Android 64 with AAB Bundles enabled and selected the Application Store configuration. But before it, check the Libraries (jar files) of the Android 64 bits, some jar file may be missing.
Note: when you compile the AAB, to make the Android 32 and Android 64 packages, the delphi will only consider the jar files from Android64 libraries... I had the same problem, because my Android 32 had the google vision jars but after made the AAP Bundles, in the Android 32 bits the jar files weren’t there.

• Thanks 1

Did you "upgrade" your old project from 32 to 64-Bit ?

As the platform 64 was added, the automatic conversion of the IDE might fail.

As vfbb proposes, check the libraries.

Maybe even better, try to completely create a new project file, as 10.3.3 might put all necessary files into it.

• Thanks 1

@vfbb @Rollo62 Thanks for those tips. We had added 64 at a later time, possible that this is the problem. Will try to recreate the project and add later all services again. 

We will see the difference latest tomorrow after new app version has been published by playstore.