Sign in to follow this  

TMapView overlay

All,

does anybody knows if there is a possibility to place any component onto TMapView? Am I missed something? I know this is native control not drawn by the FMX, but I thought that the Z-Order has been fixed in 10.3. It seems it is not?

T.

I do reply to myself 🙂 

Nope, it is not supported. TMapView in this incarnation requires add. controls to be somewhere around it and if there is any slider/drawer used etc. that must overlap it, then TMapView must be hidden before anything else will be drawn on top of it. Not the best but maybe good enough in some cases. 

Controls that support ControlType of Platform appear above the MapView. Not sure if that helps you...

5 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Controls that support ControlType of Platform appear above the MapView. Not sure if that helps you...

OK, got it..., so if I use TPanel with ControlType = Platform I should be able to have it on top of it any native controls, that should work for me! I I will check it 🙂 

EDIT: nope... TPanel is still behind TMapView, and even if, it still does not draw FMX component inside it. I will stick to the ugly workaround, and later we move it to Flutter anyway.

Edited by Guest