PavelX

ANDROID64 Conditional compiling

I think that this is the only solution, I was hoping that the conditional compilation list is not updated

and  you guys know a symbol that is not on the list.

Thanks again

Is there a way how to obtain all defined symbols (like ANDROID, DEBUG etc.) and have them displayed during compilation? It would be nice if we put something like {$ShowDefinedSymbols} in source file and defined symbols would appear in messages from the compiler...

1 hour ago, PavelX said:

I think that this is the only solution, I was hoping that the conditional compilation list is not updated

and  you guys know a symbol that is not on the list.

You can hexdump each compiler EXE to see which conditional symbols are actually available.  That is what I do sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vandrovnik said:

Is there a way how to obtain all defined symbols (like ANDROID, DEBUG etc.) and have them displayed during compilation?

No, there is not.

4 hours ago, PavelX said:

There is any ANDROID64 Symbol ?

In what circumstances would the code do something different?

7 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

In what circumstances would the code do something different?

When you load different libraries 64/32 bit

Edited by PavelX
  • Like 1

There appears to be an ANDROID64 define (it's all over the Delphi source). Probably just not documented?

• Like 1

I think Android64 doesn't even start on Android32 OS, and the selection of libraries can be done in the deployment.

2 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

I think Android64 doesn't even start on Android32 OS, and the selection of libraries can be done in the deployment.

I don't think there is a problem about the opportunity of existence of ANDROID64

you have IOS32 , IOS64 and IOS, also you have MSWINDOWS, WIN32, WIN64  and so on for LINUX, MACOS, POIX ....

I didnt say And64 makes no sense,  I just pointed out that this  problably helps to solve some issues. 

Edited by Rollo62