timfrost

Shift-F9 dead

What could have caused Shift-F9 to stop working in the IDE since Tuesday?  F9 and both shift keys are fine on their own, as does Shift-Control-F9, and the problem still occurs when the IDE is the only application open on the desktop.  Selecting a different keyboard mapping set which also uses Shift-F9 to build makes no difference, but one that uses F7 works normally. I have tried disabling all the items in the "enhancement modules" list.

@Arnaud Bouchez Yes, and thanks, that is the most likely fit to the circumstances, but I had searched hard and found nothing.

However I finally decided to run Process Explorer sorted on CPU time with the fastest possible (500ms) refresh times.  There are a number of processes that float around the top of the list on those settings.  After several attempts at keying shift-F9 in the Delphi IDE I spotted (once only) that Snagit showed for the half-second at the top.  And indeed it was one of the Snagit hotkeys (that I always disable) that had somehow been stolen back for Snagit.  I had made (and forgotten) some adjustments to the Snagit settings earlier this week.  I hope that this search technique may one day help someone else with a similar problem!

@Uwe Raabe  just found the solution before you posted it!

Edited by timfrost

11 hours ago, timfrost said:

I hope that this search technique may one day help someone else with a similar problem!

Thank you for the effort!!