Sign in to follow this  
Antony Augustus

Frequent compilation errors

Hi,

I upgraded my Firemonkey project from Delphi 10.1 to Delphi 10.2 and Delphi 10.3 . In 10.2 and 10.3, I get frequent compilation errors like 

[DCC Error] - E1026 file not found  "G:\filepath", 

[DCC Fatal Error] - F2063 Could not compile used unit 'filename.pas'

1 out of 10 times is compiling successfully. What could be the issue? I couldn't find a solution till now. Any help would be appreciated.Screenshot attached

Delphi_Error.png

The same here. For it to occur less often, avoid use Build, just use Compile.

There is a switch in Option - you can try, whether it makes any difference:

"Optimization in source code file access for large projects through a unit cache, particularly when residing on remote drives. The feature is controlled by a new IDE option at Tools > Options > IDE > Compiling and Running > Enable unit directory cache, and is on by default. "

What about an antivirus? Years ago at school sometimes antivirus started to scan a file, locked it, and some applications complained about the file being inaccessible... It was always on a network drive.

Using the compile option for now. Disabled the Antivirus also. So far issue did not surface. Will tell you what caused the problem.

I get those errors sometimes, how i deal with it is to just save project and reopen it again and errors are gone.. I know that it is not cool way of fixing it but it works ..