Attila Kovacs

I'm looking for these menus in the IDE

"Next Modification"

"Previous Modification"

"Next Unsaved Modification"

"Previous Unsaved Modification"

Can somebody tell me where these menus are and/or how to activate them?

Edited by Attila Kovacs

You can view differences in the history tab. In the history tab select the differences tab. You can then select show in difference viewer (top of editor) and you get the commands you asked for.

Phew, I was trying what you wrote. In the first place, I got a list index out of bounds (xx) in the "Differences view" :D, then "show in difference viewer" does nothing, the form flashes in then disappears and nothing changes. And when I go back to the normal "code" view, I can't save the unit anymore. Unable to rename bla.pas to bla.pas~1~ 

:DDDD

It's just ridiculous.

Edited by Attila Kovacs
  • Sad 1

Yes, I used "Go to next difference" / "Go to previous difference" on the tool bar (34s - 42s on the video). I did not found any special buttons for "Next Unsaved Modification" / "Previous Unsaved Modification". You should compare Buffer and File to see unsaved modifications.

Having said that, I should note that I usually use a third-party utility for text comparisons: Compare-It. It allows not only to compare, but also to modify files if necessary.

@Kryvich These actions are defined in the binaries, that's why I'm asking. Are those hidden/unimplemented/edition dependent, etc. or are they anywhere visible .

Edited by Attila Kovacs

@Attila Kovacs OK I found them too in TEditorActionLists. I do not think these are some "secret" functions. As I understand, they move cursor to the previous/next line in the editor, marked as modified (yellow bar) or saved (green bar).

I did not find any bindings for them, but it’s possible to write a small package that will add such functions and keyboard shortcuts for them.

The best option would be if the IDE would allow the user to customize the keyboard shortcuts for all actions.

Edited by Kryvich

Well I found the bindings: 

Finding the Next and Previous Changes

As you edit code, you can use keystrokes to quickly navigate to the Next and the Previous changes that you have made. The keyboard shortcuts are:

• Ctrl+Shift+F7 -- moves to the previous line modified since the file was opened (green marking in the gutter).
  • Ctrl+Shift+F8 -- moves to the next line modified since the file was opened (green marking in the gutter).
  • Alt+Shift+F7 -- moves to the previous line modified since the last save (yellow marking in the gutter).
  • Alt+Shift+F8 -- moves to the next line modified since the last save (yellow marking in the gutter).

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Code_Editor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll consider. However used to GE re-configured many of the default key combos and we didn't make a big friendship. (I'm not using it)

Edited by Attila Kovacs

It's hard to find a good short shortcuts in IDE that are still free. I found Ctrl-Shift-NumPad- / NumPad+, and made a new plugin for Delphi. You can download it from GitHub and compile for Berlin.

https://github.com/Kryuski/Editor-Shortcuts 

Edited by Kryvich
  • Thanks 1

Found on Stack Overflow:

Another option is install Gexperts, and use the expert IDE menu shortcuts, This expert enables you to configure any of the IDE menu shortcuts.

That won't work, because these actions don't have an associated menu item.

Nice idea with the expert that calls IOTAEditView .NavigateToModification. I thought about adding something like it to GExperts, but I'm not sure that I want to add yet another shortcut to the IDE (and thereby making it unavailable for other plugins) is worth it.

I could add it the GExperts Editor Popup menu though, so it would not need a keyboard shortcut.

@Kryvich Thx but I will rather add menus to my own expert. I can't decide yet if I need shortcuts for these menus but I'm sure that I would have rather added extra menuitems to the editor popup as binding them to those insane shortcuts. I'm wondering if anyone is aware of the existence of them. 

Edited by Attila Kovacs

On 11/18/2018 at 3:18 PM, dummzeuch said:

That won't work, because these actions don't have an associated menu item.

Nice idea with the expert that calls IOTAEditView .NavigateToModification. I thought about adding something like it to GExperts, but I'm not sure that I want to add yet another shortcut to the IDE (and thereby making it unavailable for other plugins) is worth it.

I could add it the GExperts Editor Popup menu though, so it would not need a keyboard shortcut.

No, please add these commands as editor-toolbar-icons. I use them a lot.

There must be space on the TEditorNavigationToolbar for that.

On the same analogy I put the standard IDE form editing toolbars to the top of the FormDesigner. Where it actually belongs to.

image.png.c9feba56f3fe90950dc4ff723bf4c783.png

This is a misunderstanding: Not on the NavigationToolbar, as this is a Code Editor command.

You can have e.g. the GExperts toolbar on the left side and the CnWizards toolbar on top:

image.png.f8e57f7c5cc6c8f30b12b674ebda93fb.png

Edited by PeterPanettone

@Attila Kovacs Please provide a link to a website where we can find your plugins )
Judging by your activity in the Delphi developer community and the development of GExperts, it would be interesting to get acquainted with them