Sign in to follow this  
stephanos

Sort of Drop-down menu, that is not

I have written a simple file input programme in Lazarus to help me write an mp3 playlist. I have attached a screen shot. I have ensured the tab order works and it is as follows:

Test File, Open File, Play List Window, Enter the Artist, Enter the Album, Enter the Complete File Name, Append, Save, Exit.

I do not need a drop-down lists, such as File, Edit etc, but I am attracted to the idea that these BitBtn labels are a sort of tool bar, in text form only – no images, that the user can select, so that there is an alternative to Tab as a way to navigate around, if the mouse fails.

Something like Labels at the top, with one letter underlined, T for Test File, that will become the focus when ALT and T are pressed, and that when selected will allow left and right keys to move between all of these Labels. And of course when selected pressing Enter will run them.

I have looked at the objects available but it is not clear how to do this and indeed if it is possible at all.

I suppose I want a drop-down with no additional menu options, a sort of menu of no options.

Thanks in advance

ScreenShot1.jpg

I am not sure if these are supported in Lazarus, but you could try an ActionMainMenuBar + ActionManager where you only use the top-level menu items.
It would handle the hotkeys for you.

ActionBarDemo.zip

Thanks Lars

I will try these.  I have experimented and found that the top level has events such as on click and I can utilise those.  I will experiment further with your suggestions.