Bernard

Delphi Licensing

Hello everyone.  I have been having issues with my Delphi License.  I should have 2 years left on subscription, and it shut me out on the 1st of this month. 

The support team has been good, but they cannot so far resolve the issue.

I have rebuilt a computer from scratch with a new SSD.   I used this opportunity to upgrade.

Installed Windows

Installed RAD using the installer

When I add the Serial number to register.  It retrieves all the correct info.

Expiration Date 27/03/2022.

Is Subscription: Yes

Commercial use : Yes

and all the rest.

When I hit done.  It says

No valid license information found for Embarcadero Delphi 10.3.  You must provide a valid serial number ...... blah etc.

I have uninstalled and installed and repeated numerous times.

I am pulling my hair out, (saves the price of a haircut)

I have not been able to write or compile for 2 weeks now.  Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try to run the installer with Run As Administrator?

Did you installed on the same recovered drive? If not, do you have access to your old drive where RAD was installed?

hello all,

Thanks for the replies.

So far his is what I have...

A machine setup with one user account set as Administrator.

A clean Windows 10 64 bit install

No antivirus.

Delphi Rio 10.3

A) I have used the http://altd.embarcadero.com/download/radstudio/10.3/radstudio_10_3_3_esd7899_nt.exe installer

and did not work

b)  I performed a complete manual uninstall via https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/general-development/f/installation-issues-23/68076/manual-uninstall-of-rad-studio-delphi-c-builder-10-3-rio

any time I retried the install.

I repeated A and B quite a few times now.

I also have a loaptop with win 7 that I use for testing and working on customer sites when necessary.  It also stopped working.  I did the same on it.

regards,

Bernard

9 hours ago, Bernard said:

I have been having issues with my Delphi License.  I should have 2 years left on subscription, and it shut me out on the 1st of this month. 

The support team has been good, but they cannot so far resolve the issue.

I have no idea what might cause this, but since support is unable to resolve this, I would expect them to issue a new license just in case there is something wrong with the old one on Embarcadero's side. Since there are two different computers involved on your side it is likely to be a problem on their side.

Hm, thinking about it:

Has anything changed regarding your internet access? Is it possible that Embarcadero's servers can no longer be contacted? Could you maybe try to move your laptop to a friend and try his internet access to make sure?

An option for support to help you could also be to convert your license to a Network Named User license.

That would require you to run your own license server, but could prevent anything like this happening again.

I got the similar problem after reinstalling my windows and rad studio. I am using free version but still it is licenced and i renew licence every 1 year. 

I had to ask for some type of .txt document ( slip ) to insert manually and after that I got it working

Probably there are similar manual methods for users that are actually paying for rad studio

Edited by Tntman

Thanks for all your feedback.

The support team have given me a temporary license and everything is working again.

There must have been an issue with the old one.

Thanks again everyone

Sometimes we had this when using License Server activation and installing from an .ISO image. I personally never faced this issue, but my colleague succeeded by starting the network installer, importing the .slip file and then using the .ISO installer.

And I thought these should be the same...? 😐