Colek

Curl and ICS - reporting different Last-Modified date in header?

Hello,

I have a problem with ICS. I am using TSslHttpCli to receive a file header from the server. So I am setting up the URL and calling Head procedure. All good. I need to retrieve Last-Modified part of the header, but I've noticed that it's reporting something completely different compared to what Curl reports.

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.91e8b358146e642fe574a0e55093ae82.png

On the left side, I've used Curl to get file header from same URL as Delphi program on the right. Last-Modified date is in fact the time and date of when the request was made, not the file modification date.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Piotr

Both those screen shots are raw headers from the server, with no processing by ICS, so you have to believe what the server says.  The difference might be caused by the two minute gap between the two requests or responses from different caching servers.

Angus

10 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

Both those screen shots are raw headers from the server, with no processing by ICS, so you have to believe what the server says.  The difference might be caused by the two minute gap between the two requests or responses from different caching servers.

Angus

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The file was not modified, I am hosting it on external server. So I am 100% sure they're the same.

I am getting proper Last-Modified date only using Curl, WGET/ICS both are giving me request date and time in this field.

EDIT:

The problem is with server configuration, not ICS. Sorry!

Edited by Colek

Note the ETag was also different between the two responses, which means different versions of the resource were being accessed, which would explain why they had different timestamps.

Edited by Remy Lebeau