Sign in to follow this  
vfbb

Google Geocoding

@vfbb

Thanks for the nice library.

I use the TGeoCoder which is available in FMX, and that works fine for me under iOS (Apple maps) and Android (Google maps).

Where would you say is the advantage of your geocoder, to have GMaps on all platforms ?

@Rollo62

Works in all platforms, but in my case I use this only in my server.

I see, thats what I though too.

What I considered in some apps is to the the FMX geocoder, to half the load of requests to the GoogleMaps service.

Since this is a free tier, but also has a limit, I'm always afraid to touch this limits and get horrendous bills suddenly :classic_unsure:

I think there is no way to find out how much your free tier is already occupied.

Edited by Rollo62

Neat!

But why "FMX"? At a quick glance it looks like it would work in a VCL project too. No?

5 minutes ago, Dany Marmur said:

Neat!

But why "FMX"? At a quick glance it looks like it would work in a VCL project too. No?

The native System.Sensors.TGeocoder does not have support for VCL because works only in Android, iOS and MacOS. And even in Android have some small devices that does not support. And in the iOS and MacOS the result can be different than the Android because the Apple use the TomTom maps. Then, if you want a full cross platform solution, VCL or FMX, to use in all devices, include linux, having the same result, the Google Maps Geocoding is the solution.

In my case, my client have a Windows version, the System.Sensors.Geocoder not work, I should use just Google Maps Geocoding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, vfbb! I see. I'm a windoze-vcl guy when it comes to Delphi 🙂