Ian Branch

Reinstall original Indy?

Hi Team,

I have Indy10 installed with my D10.3.3.  No problem.  Works fine.  When I installed Indy10 I removed the generic Indy libraries.  Turns out that was a mistake. :-(

For reasons of comparability another 3rd Party library I need to reinstall the generic Indy that came with D10.3.3.  Whilst retaining Indy10.

Can anybody advise where/how I might do that please?

Regards & TIA,

Ian

There is no "generic" Indy.  The IDE ships with Indy 10 pre-installed.

You can't have multiple versions of Indy 10 installed in the IDE at the time same.  But you can have multiple copies in different folders on your HDD, and then tweak the IDE search paths when needed to refer to one copy or the other at any given time.  And possibly create multiple Registry configs for the IDE to use at different times (see the -r command-line parameter).

But, if you didn't backup the original Indy before updating it, then the only way to restore it is to reinstall the whole IDE fresh.  Otherwise, you could just recompile the 3rd party library so it uses the updated Indy 10 that you installed, if you have the source code for that library.

Hi Remy,

Thanks for the reply/info.

I used the term 'generic' as it didn't have any '260' in the .bpl file names as opposed to the 'Indy10' I have installed from GitHub.

I'm not going to play with the Registry. 😉

Modifying the source for the 3rd party library will obviously be required each time there is an update.  Not the most desirable thing to deal with.

I shall consider my options further.

Regards & Tks again,

Ian.

2 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

I used the term 'generic' as it didn't have any '260' in the .bpl file names as opposed to the 'Indy10' I have installed from GitHub.

That doesn't sound right.  All shipped BPL files should have the IDE's package version in their filenames.  Their corresponding BPI/DCP file may not, but Indy does not make use of {$LIBSUFFIX} yet, so even its DCP files should have the package version in their filenames.  Unless Embarcadero has created their own unversioned packages.  I haven't installed a new IDE in several years, so I wouldn't know how the shipped Indy is compiled anymore.