Martifan

Return background to foreground

Hello, please tell me who knows how to switch the application from the background to foreground. iOS

Thank you!

On iOS, you cannot do it programmatically without user interaction; namely: if you post a local notification and the user taps the notification.

2 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

On iOS, you cannot do it programmatically without user interaction; namely: if you post a local notification and the user taps the notification.

Thanks for the answer.

But how do messengers do? let's say a "Viber" when someone calls and this time the screen is off

@Sherlock

But this is also sending a notification, and the user must open the notification to start the app, right ?

I think the process on the phone is quite similar from local and remote notification.

Or is there any possibility to replace the default notification with lets say a more prominent view/launcher via remote notifications ?

Not on iOS. And I see no need, except for "my notification has to look fancier than the others" which is a design flaw because to some users that translates to "looks annoying" others would consider it "not fancy enough" and still others would like to get that notification in their own style. That is not the iOS way. iOS is, at least in that respect, KISS.

The notification I send and receive in this regard everything is OK

I do voice chat, and when one user calls another and if this time the application is in the background, I want my application to become active, that is, to the top of all applications

Edited by Martifan

5 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Then perhaps a "Mainform.Show" will do the trick?

Checked and does not work, the application does not become active, are there other options?

11 hours ago, Martifan said:

I do voice chat, and when one user calls another and if this time the application is in the background, I want my application to become active, that is, to the top of all applications

When another user calls, display a notification, and when the receiving user clicks on the notification, the app can then come forward and complete the call.

1 hour ago, Remy Lebeau said:

When another user calls, display a notification, and when the receiving user clicks on the notification, the app can then come forward and complete the call.

so that the application itself opens? this can not be done? how does the Viber

Edited by Martifan