jbg

IDE Fix Pack 6.5 dev-snapshot 2020-05-17

I have uploaded a new development snapshot for the (upcoming) IDE Fix Pack 6.5

IDE Fix Pack Snapshot Download

What's new:

• Added: (IDE) Fix for RSP-23006: Edit controls in the ObjectInspector aren't clipped by the scrollbar anymore (10.3+)
  • Added: (IDE) The compile progress dialog is updated only every 80 ms now. And if a remote desktop session is detected it is only updated every 250 ms.
    The IDE compiler runs in the main thread, so every GUI update affects the compilation time.
  • Added: -x--jdbg compiler option extension that creates and attaches a jdbg-file.
    You don't need a detailed map file (-GD) anymore to create or attach a jdbg-file for the binary file.
    Attaching the jdbg PE section is done after the linker closed the binary file.
    -x--jdbg and -x--jdbg=1 create a jdbg-file
    -x--jdbg=2 attaches the jdbg data to the executable/dll/bpl.
    Question: "Why is the jdbg file smaller than my old file?" - Answer: "The old file was created with an older version of JclDebug.pas."
  • Added: -x--unitstats compiler option extension outputs unit filenames for units with "unitname in 'filename'" entries.
  • Added: -x-fvs compiler option extension also generates faster interface call stubs for virtual methods that are final or in a sealed class.
  • Added: Package compilation is a lot faster in the linker and cleanup phase.
  • Added: Faster ObjectTextToBinary (DFM) implementation by removing unnecessary string comparisons.
    This improves the linker's performance when it converts DFMs to resources.
  • Added: Faster map file creation by using a much faster Sort-By-Address implementation and a faster \n to \r\n converter.
  • Added: Faster unitname to unit filename resolving (unitname in 'filename')
    The compiler used a Byte as hash-value and a single linked list. The code is now replaced by a hash-map with a 32 bit hash-value.
  • Added: Faster compiler inline handling for projects with lots of units.
  • Added: The command line compiler uses a double linked unit list to remove and reorder items faster.
    The IDE compiler still uses the original single linked list because some other code in the IDE does something with it and I couldn't make it not crash.
  • Added: LoadString cache for compiler error/warning/hint messages.
    The compiler loads the warning/hint string and then decides not to show it. The cache prevents the compiler from calling LoadString too often.
  • Added: Some PAnsiChar/PWideChar RTL optimizations for the IDE and IDE Fix Pack.
  • Fixed: Compiler option extensions didn't work in dcc*.cfg and project.cfg files.
    Now you can specify -x-* options also in *.cfg files.
  • Fixed: Don't crash if a 3rdParty tool destroys the Castalia Clipboard Form.
  • Fixed: -x-cgo compiler option extension crashed the 10.3 compiler.
  • Removed: The "Exception catcher" patch for ErrorInsight is no more. It didn't have any functionality.

Edited by jbg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 23

Thank you for your continued commitment and support to make a great tool even better.

@jbg Thanks for the amazing work (as always)

May I ask if you can add something in the compilation windows? I think having the Platform and the output directory would be very useful