Sign in to follow this  
ntavendale

Syslog & Windows Event Log Utilities

I have a collection of Syslog and Windows Event Log Utilities.  All 100% developed in Delphi.

http://www.allthingssyslog.com/ 

They are intended for use in testing. Unfortunately I can't put links to the actual tool pages as the site is a single page React Web Application at the moment. Will convert to ASP .Net when I get hosting sorted out. There is a menu in the top right corner of the page which is easy enough to navigate.

Go to the Downloads to access the following:

1) The Simulator. This allows you to send test messages to your Syslog server, Log Management system or whatever.  Messages can be edited, sent on demand, sent in repeating batches etc.

2) The Windows Event Log Converter. This utility will read entries in a Windows Event Log and forward them to a Syslog Server.

There is also a YouTube channel with tutorials on using these utilities here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg97aUZMTKlqMNA_Qxc8wWA

Most recently I updated the UIs to make them multi lingual. I just hope google translate didn't give me the German/French/Italian/Dutch equivalent of Engrish.

Go to the Utilities page for some extra stuff

1) A basic test Syslog Receiver. It takes messages on UDP and dumps them to a file. Noting special, not even good performance, but useful for demoing basic principles in videos.

2) A Windows Event Log Writer. Works pretty much the same as the simulator, but instead of sending messages to a Syslog receiver, It dumps them in a local Event Log. Using batches it can write up to 12k logs/sec into a Windows Even Log.

I originally started writing this stuff to do dev testing on a log management system, but the company was never interested in building out a serious testing architecture. After I left I kept working on them. I still find them useful on occasion, maybe others will too.

Edited by ntavendale
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1