PeterPanettone

wuppdi Welcome Page for Delphi 10.4?

Workaround: Edit %APPDATA%\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\wuppdiwp.ini and set sidebarwidth=200

Oh - there must be a wrong default-value. I will check this later today. Thanks for reporting - and of course thank you for using this welcome-page. 🙂

//Edit: Yes, there was a minor glitch in the code. If the config-file mentioned by Uwe does not exist, the default value for the width is 0px - which might be a little narrow for one or the other...

New version is 1.2.9 fixing exactly this problem. If it does not occur on your system, you're perfectly equipped with version 1.2.8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just curious: Do you know why wuppdi is mentioned in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Welcomepage\js\wpLoader.js

var classHide = 'wuppdi';
var regHide = /\s*wuppdi/;

2 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Just curious: Do you know why wuppdi is mentioned in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Welcomepage\js\wpLoader.js

open/closevar classHide = 'wuppdi';
var regHide = /\s*wuppdi/;

Yepp, I know why 😄

The original Welcome Page was designed by me during the field test, and at that time "wuppdi" was the "thing" at the German Delphi Praxis, and I wanted to include that somehow and that's how it ended up there 😄

wuppdi is a simple CSS class to hide different things.

doShow CSS class was used to override wuppdi 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Be nice if there was a way to copy/transfer the Favourites from D10.3.3 WuppdiWP to D10.4 WuppdiWP.

Sure there is - copy the file Uwe mentioned to the 10.4-folder (like from folder \20.0 to \21.0).

But I agree that a kind of migration-tool or -setting would be helpful.

Sorry, not yet. I didn't dare: You would all point a finger at me and laugh at the program code. 😉

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You would all point a finger at me and laugh at the program code.

There are always at least three fingers pointing back...so, no worries. I'm laughing at my own code at a regular basis...and crying...drinking even. Oh dear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

Sorry, not yet. I didn't dare: You would all point a finger at me and laugh at the program code. 😉

Hey, give us something to laugh! Would make for a nice change for me right now.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Would make for a nice change for me right now.

Yup, that what doctor recommended !

So here a suggestion :

Google "Three programmers walk into a bar" or any other funny subject, find something you like, then share it here, how about that?

Here is one:

Three programmers walk into a bar. One works in python, one works in C# and the last one works in C++.

The Python programmer says: "I'll have a glass of beer." He drinks his beer, pays the bartender and leaves.

The C# programmer says: "Hello! pour me, please, an alcoholic drink made from yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops into a glass container." He drinks his beer for 30 minutes, pays the bartender, says goodbye to everyone in the bar and leaves.

The C++ programmer couldn't open his mouth for 3 hours. He says "f***!" and leaves.

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Please consider opening a new thread for that.

For the third time today, 🤬

You will not tell me in which unit i can write !$#@!.....

Ops, this is Chrome!:classic_blush:

Sorry! my bad, i though the IDE is talking again, it happens.

Hi

Is there an English version for this add-in? I see the website and downloads etc but the 'Translate to English' link doesn't work and my German (I'm sorry) is extremely lacking.

5 hours ago, bazzer747 said:

Hi

Is there an English version for this add-in? I see the website and downloads etc but the 'Translate to English' link doesn't work and my German (I'm sorry) is extremely lacking.

The plugin itself is actually in English language. The mentioned link on my website is a cheap WordPress-plugin and not much more than a redirect to Google-Translate. Sorry that it is not working for you. And special browser-plugins installed?

Hi Daniel,

Any progress on WUPPDI for D11?

The D11 interface feels so clunky after using WUPPDI in D10.

Ian