Stéphane Wierzbicki

IDE Fixpack Sydney

As far as I know, he does not have a current Delphi license any more and needs the community edition of 10.4 before he can even start working on it.

• Sad 2

Just now, dummzeuch said:

As far as I know, he does not have a current Delphi license any more and needs the community edition of 10.4 before he can even start working on it.

Too bad....

We will have to wait until Emb decided to release the community version, which will not occurs soon for what I understood...

I guess I'll have to stay with 10.3.3...

Regards

13 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Matthias Eißing offered him a licence...

(Source: https://www.delphipraxis.net/1466308-post18.html)

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

he ... needs the community edition of 10.4 before he can even start working on it.

And that Community Edition of 10.4 doesn't exist yet.

I think Embarcadero needs to give him a free license, for all the work he does to fix their issues.  And then get him into the betas and make sure he finds broken things so they can fix them BEFORE they release!

Edited by Remy Lebeau
  • Like 1

Agreed.

I'd suggest putting him on the IDE development staff but he may end up in a black hole. 😉

A free license was offered multiple times and is clearly not the limiting aspect here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

A free license was offered multiple times and is clearly not the limiting aspect here.

If by free you mean ask first ( according to toms and google translate ), then sorry this more like personal charity than offer, and i think it might be the limiting aspect here.

Such offer should be more like, this is free license from Embarcadero (not from a person but from company and its team ), it is our least thing to thank you, please continue your great work that is helping every Delphi user of ours, the wording is difference.

Embarcadero support open source for greater good, that is great, he has donation button on his site, but the idea that Embarcadero is buying him stuff even small stuff ( PC hardware ) or just buying him a nice launch, will make huge difference and make his day, he will feel his time is appreciated, the appreciation will not comes form the value but the gesture itself with the nice words.

Everyone reading this please go and donate at least 5$ per IDE you are using, that what i did and that what i can afford, he saved and still saving everyone hours per month for years.

Matthias Eissing works for Embarcadero, so it's an official offer by the company, I guess.

On the other hand, I can understand why Andreas might not want to accept it. There are always strings attached, even if they don't come in the form of a written agreement.

9 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

accept it.

16 years ago i had four months course in German language, i forgot it all, except few words like "ish baby dish" :classic_blush: 

Anyway, the wording wasn't of an offer to accept, correct me if i am wrong here.

We are not aware of the complete wording of said offer, that is something between Andreas and Embarcadero. What we do know from past statements however, is that some form of NDA or other contracts might be involved. But lets not speculate. IDEFixPAck will come once Andreas gets to install a 10.4 CE, which will come out with 10.4.1. So keep your fingers crossed, that this well be soon enough.

2 hours ago, Kas Ob. said:

Everyone reading this please go and donate at least 5$ per IDE you are using, that what i did and that what i can afford, he saved and still saving everyone hours per month for years.

Done!

Right, we don't know and will not speculate, merely we are listing simple facts.

30 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

But lets not speculate. IDEFixPAck will come once Andreas gets to install a 10.4 CE,

On other hand, it seems you already know that IDEFicPack is depending on CE, those are your wording, and nothing wrong with it, just may be its time to change things for better for everyone, we need to point the wrong and what can be better, one free license for a company should not ruin their fiscal year, if it does then .. 🤐

And one nice email from company will not make them looks worse.

Andreas Hausladen Thank you ! from everyone used Delphi and been spared frustration and saved time with your great contribution.

4 hours ago, Sherlock said:

What we do know from past statements however, is that some form of NDA or other contracts might be involved.

I am pretty sure, that is not the case here. There will probably be a one year time limit, but that is quite common for free licenses from Embarcadero. This would at least fill the gap until the CE will be available.