David Schwartz

missing debug\*.res files

Anybody have any idea what would cause all of the .res files to get deleted from the ...\lib\win32\debug folder?

(Actually, there's one left: FireDAC.VCLUI.PanelTreeButton.res)

There are 49 in the \release folder. 

30 minutes ago, David Schwartz said:

Actually, there's one left: FireDAC.VCLUI.PanelTreeButton.res

There's only that file in mine.

wow, that's weird. Last Friday I started getting compile errors saying it could not find controls.res, tbutton.res, and another. It was late in the day and I forgot about it. Today I tried to build a different project and got the same errors. I looked in the folder and nothing was there. The folder is in the search path, tho.

I copied them from the release folder and they disappeared about 5 minutes later.

Usually the Debug folder is inserted into the project search path at the beginning when you select "With Debug DCUs". The release folder stays in the search path as it comes from the library path for the selected platform. That way the files in the Debug folder take precedence over those in the Release folder. Only files not found in the Debug folder are taken from the Release folder.

so perhaps the release folder got removed from the search path, then? I'll check that. Thanks.

BTW, I don't usually use Debug DCUs although I seem to get them more often than I want. It's super annoying hitting F7 to step into a function call and end up in a long chain of RTL code that is totally irrelevant.