Chester Wilson

Present status of Indy

Does anyone know the current status of Indy?  It is installed on 10.4 with no help files.  Pulling (quite a large collection!) of supposed Indy Help files from the net gives .htm files which tell you nothing about the component you are after help on and/or say they have been redirected to a non-extant site; or .chm files which microsoft thinks are variant htm files and deals with inappropriately and unhelpfully.  The Indy components can be put in a programme, but to use values (eg tIdPOP3.Authorise = adAuth (I can't remember the name the .pdf file eventually gave me) only fails to be able to define the value!  It must be hidden somewhere in another Indy file.

I see Indy help in the IDE menu under Help / Third-Party Help

On 7/12/2020 at 4:36 AM, Chester Wilson said:

Does anyone know the current status of Indy?

Still actively developed (by me).  RAD Studio 10.4 includes an updated trunk version from Indy's GitHub repo from about 2 months ago.

On 7/12/2020 at 4:36 AM, Chester Wilson said:

It is installed on 10.4 with no help files.

I'm not in charge of, or involved with, how Embarcadero incorporates help files for 3rd party components.  But I do recall that Indy's help files are included, somewhere.  Although, Indy's documentation is quite dated, it hasn't been updated in many years.  There have been property/interface changes made over the years that still need to be documented.

• Like 3

Thanks, Remy.

Tim Frost has kindly found Indy Help under Delphi/Help/Third Party Help.

I had finally found a 2012 PDF Delphi in Depth, but the new one on the system is very nice - many thanks, Tim!