dummzeuch

Remove/disable .NET personality from RAD Studio 2007

I apparently made a mistake while installing RAD Studio 2007 (some time ago) on on PC which now results in the license manager complaining about a missing license for the .NET personality. I can simply skip that wich clicking the correct buttons on several dialogs, but I would really like to get rid of these dialogs since haveing to click those buttons on every IDE start gets tiresome fast.

Is there a way to uninstall  / disable the .NET personality without reinstalling the whole thing or losing the updates I have already installed?

I looked into the registry but could not find anything obvious.

I never install the Delphi 2007 IDE any more. I just copy the dcc.exe and some files (including its dcu) and use the command-line compiler. 
For testing, it was enough... and nothing to setup, just copy the files from an existing setup.

Edit: But I understand now it won't help you, since I guess you need to validate installation of your IDE plug-in.

Sorry.

Edited by Arnaud Bouchez

29 minutes ago, Arnaud Bouchez said:

I never install the Delphi 2007 IDE any more. I just copy the dcc.exe and some files (including its dcu) and use the command-line compiler. 
For testing, it was enough... and nothing to setup, just copy the files from an existing setup.

Edit: But I understand now it won't help you, since I guess you need to validate installation of your IDE plug-in.

Sorry.

Actually, this is not for developing "my IDE plugin" but developing a pre-Unicode application on a computer with specialized hardware. But yes, this won't help for that either. Thanks anyway.

Thanks to @Arnaud Bouchez I just now remembered one of my other Delphi tools: The KnownIdePackagesManager

I used that to disabled two packages:

• Delphi for .NET IDE Personality
  • VCL for .NET designer IDE Package (it's probably not necessary to disable this)

That did it. No more prompting for the .NET license.

My main problem with .net and D2007 is that every time I install a new version of Windows (twice a year with 10), Microsoft deletes the four Borland.x.Targets files it installs under \Microsoft.Net\, but learnt my lesson a long time ago and keep copies to restore.

Angus

• Like 1