Sign in to follow this  
pyscripter

Check for Creators Update

Is there a way to check whether the Windows version is 10 with the Creators Update or later installed, using the RTL?  I know that Jcl provides support for that.

There is TOSVersion record in SysUtils that holds OS version information. But you cannot check for particular version by name, you need to know its build number.

40 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

There is TOSVersion record in SysUtils that holds OS version information. But you cannot check for particular version by name, you need to know its build number.

In Jcl there is something called Windows10ReleaseId (1703 for Creators Update).   Is this same as the build number?  (I think not)

There is no support for release id as such, but every Windows 10 release id has corresponding build number. For instance Creators is 15063.  So you can check whether build is 15063 or greater. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Just curious: Why you would need that check in the first place?

See 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@pyscripter I think you are approaching this in wrong way misled by Microsoft lack of information about this.

See, Direct2D is not part of the system and while it came with 10 creators but it will be updated and included for different and even older Windows versions (like 8.1), same goes for Server 2016 and ..., one more thing to observe, all those new API's don't mention the windows version only the header file, just like DirectX, Direct3D...

But still may be i am wrong.

Anyway, i would suggest to check at runtime if those API's are supported, not looking which OS versions is running.