Plainer

Runtime Error with OverbyteIcsSslMailSnd.exe

I am having a runtime error with the OverbyteIcsSslMailSnd.exe demo program it does compile without errors.

I trying to learn how to send an email to a Gmail or AOL account however the demo program will complete after issusing the StartTLS comand.

The error occurs right after SSL handshake.  I am trying it with the All-IN-One button. 

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Using D7 with ICS858

Output from sslmailsend program:
Connecting to SMTP server...
< 220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP u15sm4297875pju.42 - gsmtp
RequestDone Rq=0 Error=0
> EHLO berns9987a
< 250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [24.116.191.53]
< 250-SIZE 35882577
< 250-8BITMIME
< 250-STARTTLS
< 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
< 250-PIPELINING
< 250-CHUNKING
< 250 SMTPUTF8
RequestDone Rq=10 Error=0
> STARTTLS
< 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
Starting SSL handshake
RequestDone Rq=12 Error=EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0048A4BF in module 'OverbyteIcsSslMailSnd.exe'. Read of address 00000030
Error, stoped All-In-One demo

I suggest you update to ICS 8.64 and use the OverbyteIcsMailQuTst.dpr sample instead, it handles all the SSL/TLS stuff for you. 

Beware some gmail accounts don't allow use with local credentials and require an OAuth2 login first, you'll only discover that after SSL connects.  There will be a new TIcsRestEmail component in a week or two that handles this modern stuff. 

Angus

Thanks for the information I will give it a go.  BTW where will I find TIcsRestEmail component for download when available?

Will

TIcsRestEmail will be in the next release of ICS.  It is not a replacement for the existing SMTP component, it will supplement it with OAuth2.

Angus

Any idea why this project is throwing a exception error after attempting to StartTLS?  Recompiled with ICS864 and the error persists.

Running on a Windows 7 computer.  Tried it on several different computers and same results.

The OverbyteIcsSslMailSnd sample does not have very good error handling which I why I asked you to use the other sample.  Windows 7 is no longer supported either, but still works., mostly.. My Delphi 7 installation run in a Windows 7 VM. 

Angus

It will not run at my end, I keep getting a run-time exception error when it tries to issue the StartTLS command.  Let me as you this, I found this "OpenSSL-Win32\openssl.exe" with the ICS install folders, what is it and does it need to be installed?

The poster was trying to run applications requiring OpenSSL without the DLLs, which is not easy since ICS installs them in the same directory as the project files.

Angus

21 hours ago, Plainer said:

I found this "OpenSSL-Win32\openssl.exe" with the ICS install folders, what is it and does it need to be installed?

This is the command line OpenSSL tool. That is not what you need at this stage. You need the OpenSSL DLL. The name of the DLL depends on the version. For OpenSSL 1.1, there are two DLLs: libssl-1_1.dll and libcrypto-1_1.dll. They are in the same directory as the OpenSSL.exe that you found. If not, your ICS setup is corrupted.