Jud

See contents of variables at a breakpoint in 10.4

In he Delphi 10.3 IDE and earlier, when you stopped at a breakpoint, you could put the cursor over an identifier and it would show its value.  Version 10.4 doesn't do that for me.  Of course you can use Run/Inspect or Ctrl-F7, but what happened to putting the cursor over the identifier?  Did they remove that feature?  Is there a setting for it?

No, it wasn't removed, it works for me. No idea why it doesn't work for you though. If i remember correctly there is a setting to turn it off, but the default is turned on.

15 hours ago, Jud said:

Did they remove that feature

This breaks at times, has for different releases depending on code and debugging for a long time.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies.

I have two other IDE issues (in 10.4), which may be related.  (I have all three patches installed.)

(1) Sometimes Refactor/rename works but most of the time the top few items on the refactor menu are disabled.

(2) Sometimes Find Declaration works but most of the time it doesn't.

I know that for both of these need to have a good compile to work, but I do that.  Are these problems related to the first one?

Well, because of these problems, I'm back to using 10.3 for now.  (I still had it on my computer!)

Also, every time I exit 10.4, I get an error: access violation 50E52F55 in vcl270.bpl.  I don't know if that is related to the IDE problems.