Darian Miller

10.4.1 Released today

8 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:
34 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

EDIT: Apparently the option to install to a custom path is gone.

No. It's just very easy to miss. Bad installer UI.

Yeah, just found it on the third try. As you said: Bad UI.

image.thumb.png.7fc86ad9c77706c727b80f23fc3b71ad.png

1 minute ago, Sherlock said:

It's on the very first dialogue.

I'm positive I didn't get that one.

I just now tried running the 10.4.1 uninstaller to see if that dialog would appear. First I get an UAC warning because the uninstaller is unsigned. Then I get this one:

image.png.86e6d435f1f94256642c35bd9035140c.png

And clicking on Yes starts the uninstall so now I have to install again. Damned! :classic_angry:

Was I meant to just run the 10.4.1 installer and have that perform the uninstall?

Here's what the 10.4.1 release notes say:

If you have already installed 10.4 Sydney (May 26th, 2020), installing 10.4 Sydney - Release 1 requires a full uninstall and reinstall. As part of the uninstall process, you will see an option for preserving your settings. This is enabled by default.

Strictly speaking, the first sentence states that I should uninstall 10.4 and then install 10.4 again, but I'm assuming that wasn't what they meant.

1 minute ago, Anders Melander said:

Was I meant to just run the 10.4.1 installer and have that perform the uninstall?

Yes. It has been this way for some time now. I just trusted them to stick to that plan. Perhaps that was a lucky guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherlock said:

Yes. It has been this way for some time now. I just trusted them to stick to that plan.

Well that's what I get for actually reading the installation instructions.

• Haha 3

Soooo, has anyone successfully installed the Apple SDKs? I am unable to, neither macOS nor iOS works. Correct PAServer is installed and running with tested connection. Do I have to grant the PAServer some permissions, maybe?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

has anyone successfully installed the Apple SDKs?

Worked OK here. What actually happens when you try?

I have tried to use the web installer right in my current VM with 10.4

It fails to uninstall a lot of things, then fails to upgrade correctly.
So back to the empty VM and installing everything from scratch. Again.

:classic_sad:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Worked OK here. What actually happens when you try?

XCode 11.6 or XCode 11.7 released today?

2 minutes ago, sjordi said:

XCode 11.7 released today?

2 days ago according to App Store app on my Mac. Haven't installed it yet - perhaps that's the issue for Sherlock?

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, have not installed that yet either, but I'll have to check if I actually have the command line tools for my current version. It has been some time since I needed XCode.

Yupp, that was it. I failed to install the command line tools. Now everything is OK. XCode 11.6 btw.

• Like 1

Wow! Macapi got a lot of attention in this release. All the stupid integers instead of boolean usages (you know: 1 is true and 0 is false) have been corrected to boolean. Plenty of work to correct that now in my application :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Update without surprises, just a complain about fmxlinux dll wizard, but now openning any projects raise this

1310309454_ScreenShot2020-09-03at8_03_58AM.thumb.png.4f6d82d5f041519524640a87a6bc64b6.png

Is a new VM, windows 10, nothing else installed (only libraries as you see). 

Edit: Mever mind is a BUG in UNIDAC libraries.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.06.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.11.41 AM.png

Edited by Donald Shimoda

19 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

Lightweight MREW sounds useful. One does wonder if it works, having experienced the monitor debacle.

Yeah, thatshot in my eye directly too, looking forward to check this out.

Edited by Rollo62

Well, they didn't fix this: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-29118

Instead they just dropped support for classic undocked mode and took out the option to turn off the embedded designer.

Strangely though, they left Classic Undocked as an option in the drop down used to select the layout, both in the Min IDE form and in the options.

Edited by ntavendale
  • Sad 2

Anyone able to switch 'Configuration' and have that update in the 'Project Manager' , without using the 'Config Manager'?

My 10.4.1 is still Sandboxed on Win7..

Also 'Build Groups' are using the wrong config, strangely changing that (Options) doesn't update the 'Project Manager' display but Barbie band-aids that issue..

1 hour ago, ntavendale said:

Strangely though, they left Classic Undocked as an option in the drop down used to select the layout, both in the Min IDE form and in the options

I believe this is mentioned in the release notes:

Desktop layouts which cannot be applied (i.e. are floating layouts, no longer supported, see above) will be listed in gray in the Desktop Layout combo box in the title bar. When a floating layout is applied, the IDE will instead show a dialog.

I confirm again that the Migration Tool is useless.

Just reinstalled 10.4.1 from a clean VM and installed my tools, etc.. then ran the migration to copy the 10.4 settings over 10.4.1

All paths are still not configured, toolbars are out of the box, not the ones I had in 10.4

Useless.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sjordi said:

Migration Tool is useless.

Never worked for me.

A Reg backup and Beyond Compare work with a little effort..

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sherlock said:

All the stupid integers instead of boolean usages (you know: 1 is true and 0 is false) have been corrected to boolean

If you mean in relation to a bunch of API imports, that would have happened in 10.4.0

• Thanks 1

My installation did the uninstall and asked if I wanted to keep the current registry settings, which I confirmed.
Colors and environment variables, etc, were as expected after the new installation.

Same with SDKs and Connections.

I did have some issues with Parnassus - where I had to delete the old Parnassus_Sydney DLLs for the installer to run as the old ones did not work with the new IDE. Then I got some missing Parnassus warnings when loading workspace, before I could reinstall with GetIt.  After installation, the DLLs were where I expected, and everything worked as expected - apart from a floating bookmark window 😛

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:47 AM, Arnaud Bouchez said:

We can report that a compiler regression about wrongly optimized result value was fixed with 10.4.1.

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-30088

Even if it has been reported in JIRA as "Expected behavior". 😞

https://synopse.info/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=32966#p32966

No that's just confusing wording. The resolution is actually fixed. What the sync comment means is: Expected behavior is seen in fix version. Had the same type of sync comment on one of my tickets and was confused at first, too.

• Like 2

For your information,

I installed XCode 11.7 with 10.4.1 and it seems to work.

I was able to compile some apps targeted to macOS, iOS, iPadOS and Android without problems, and they all include SQLite embedded DBs deployments.

All this seems to work.

• Like 1

Do I need to recompile 3rd party component libraries that worked in 10.4 or the same version will work in 10.4.1?

Edited by ioan

1 hour ago, ioan said:

Do I need to recompile 3rd party component libraries that worked in 10.4 or the same version will work in 10.4.1?

Embarcadero states that they are binary compatible within the same version. So that should work right away.
Especially the BPL packages

• Like 1