Sonjli

IDEFixPack 6.4.4 stop working

Hello,

from this morning IDEFixPack 6.4.4 stop working on my IDE. I don't know what's changed. It's weird. Since today I never reinstall the expert, and never had any issue.

The error is in attachments.

Infos:

- Windows 10 professional - 2004 (May updates)

- Delphi 10.3.3 full patched

- I always install with ISO, NOT Webinstaller. I NEVER used webinstaller in my life

- I start the IDE "as administrator".

- I restarted the pc but nothing changes

- More weird: I uninstalled and reinstalled the 6.4.4 and from there the errors multiplied (more attachments).

- The DLLs BPLs and everything are in their right place (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\Experts\). Checked also with GExperts "Expert Manager" and in registry

- If I start the IDE NOT "as administrator" the problem with DLLs CompilerSpeedPack remains, but IDEFixPack starts correctly

What's going on?

Anyone knows this behaviour?

Thanks,

Eddy

Schermata da 2020-09-03 09-21-15.png

Schermata da 2020-09-03 09-25-44.png

Schermata da 2020-09-03 09-26-02.png

Schermata da 2020-09-03 09-26-18.png

The WebInstaller detection in IdeFixPack looks at a specific environment variable but that variable is also set of you start the IDE with Administrator rights or if some other program added the environment variable. (I don't remember what env-var it is and I don't the the source code at hand where I am right now)

The WebInstaller detection code was removed in the last development snapshot:

https://idefixpack.de/fixpack/dev

But be aware that the development snapshot may crash the IDE more often as it is not tested.

• Thanks 1

Hi Andreas,

I noticed that your latest dev versions have a bug which in the IDE (D10.3.3) prevented compilation after installing/re-installing some newer dpk. A bug that requires a restart of the IDE.
So I retired to the last official version.

===

How would there be something wrong with reloading dpl's.

Edited by miab

5 hours ago, jbg said:

The WebInstaller detection in IdeFixPack looks at a specific environment variable but that variable is also set of you start the IDE with Administrator rights or if some other program added the environment variable. (I don't remember what env-var it is and I don't the the source code at hand where I am right now)

The WebInstaller detection code was removed in the last development snapshot:

https://idefixpack.de/fixpack/dev

But be aware that the development snapshot may crash the IDE more often as it is not tested.

Thank you very much. IDEFixPack is a must have. Problem solved. I will pay attention about instability.

The problem with the CompilerSpeedPack dlls remains... I disabled them as I don't use. What can be the problem?

Eddy

Maybe a problem with the Virus-Scanner?

On 9/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, jbg said:

Maybe a problem with the Virus-Scanner?

Hi,

sorry for the late...

No, it's not related with virus-scanner. I don't know... I'll try to clean "something" again.