Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe

Android Compiler Issue in Delphi Tokyo (10.2.3)

Hi all,
So I recently upgraded my Android SDK Version to 25.2.5 from 24.3.3 (the stock version in Tokyo).
I also updated my JDK version from JDK 1.8U60 ( the Tokyo stock version) to 9.0.1 because I needed to use IntellijIDEA and my problem started.
My Android FMX projects refuses to compile, I have even tried a blank form yet I get the error below

[Exec Error] The command "PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMXAndroid\Android\Debug\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-licensing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-ads-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-analytics-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-base-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-gcm-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-identity-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-maps-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-panorama-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-plus-7.0.0.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services-wallet-7.0.0.dex.jar" " exited with code 1.

The annoying thing is that my Window Path contains the path to the JDK
System Environment Variable

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;%USERPROFILE%\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;

Any help is appreciated, I have been stuck on this for over 12 hours now and have tried everything I could see on the internet (stackoverflow) yet no progress.

Screenshots of MY SDK Settings are attached below

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe

11 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Change the JDK paths back to 1.8 in Delphi Android SDK settings under Java tab. (Last screenshot)

Thanks for replying, Just did that, same error as above.

4.jpg

Sorry. There was some other thing but I don't remember exactly.

One thing that also does sound strange in your config is that you have selected platform-28 and it says Android SDK 25..x.x

53 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Sorry. There was some other thing but I don't remember exactly.

One thing that also does sound strange in your config is that you have selected platform-28 and it says Android SDK 25..x.x

no problems.

about the config, it worked fine that way before the upgrade.

8 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

That's not strange; you can have a base SDK that started from 25.x.x and add later platforms and build tools using the Android SDK Manager, which is exactly what I've done on my systems.

12 hours ago, Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe said:

The annoying thing is that my Window Path contains the path to the JDK

If you analyze the message, you will see that it can be a problem with the command that follows the ampersand (&), i.e. the one that starts with:

"C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat"

If you check the Output tab of the messages window, it has more detail about the error. It's likely to be that dex is failing, and is likely to be because of a JDK mismatch. I see you have in your path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin

You will probably need to change that to the corresponding path for your JDK version 7 (mine is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80)

55 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

That's not strange; you can have a base SDK that started from 25.x.x and add later platforms and build tools using the Android SDK Manager, which is exactly what I've done on my systems.

If you analyze the message, you will see that it can be a problem with the command that follows the ampersand (&), i.e. the one that starts with:

"C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat"

If you check the Output tab of the messages window, it has more detail about the error. It's likely to be that dex is failing, and is likely to be because of a JDK mismatch. I see you have in your path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin

You will probably need to change that to the corresponding path for your JDK version 7 (mine is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80)

Thanks for replying.
Have done as you said, unfortunately, no progress.

below is my output tab log.
it's saying something about could not create the java virtual machine, have restarted my PC countless times to no avail, uninstalled and reinstalled the JDK multiple times too.
if I run java -version in cmd, I get

java version "9.0.1"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)

The annoying thing is that everything was working fine about 2 days ago.

Build started 11/29/2018 1:21:33 AM.
    PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMX\Android\Release\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-licensing.dex.jar"
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
    -Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\lib is not supported.  Use -classpath instead.
    c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(894,5): error MSB3073: The command "PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMX\Android\Release\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-licensing.dex.jar" " exited with code 1.
Done building target "BuildClassesDex" in project "Project1.dproj" -- FAILED.
Done building project "Project1.dproj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(894,5): error MSB3073: The command "PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMX\Android\Release\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-licensing.dex.jar" " exited with code 1.
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:01.31

9 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Your PATH is still pointing to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin. (it's in the first few lines of the output you provided)  This tool makes it easy to change it:

https://www.rapidee.com

Do you mean Delphi Tokyo 10.2.3 can't use JDK 9?

My Tokyo came with jdk1.8.0_60, should I change my path to this (jdk1.8.0_60)?

Edited by Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe

16 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Your PATH is still pointing to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin. (it's in the first few lines of the output you provided)  This tool makes it easy to change it:

https://www.rapidee.com

Ok, so I just changed the JDK path from C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.1\bin to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin (stock Tokyo version) using the tool you specified (thanks).
Now here is my output tab log, pretty much the same error.

Build started 11/29/2018 2:03:36 AM.
    PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMX\Android\Release\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-licensing.dex.jar"
    -Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\lib is not supported.  Use -classpath instead.
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
    c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(894,5): error MSB3073: The command "PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMX\Android\Release\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-licensing.dex.jar" " exited with code 1.
Done building target "BuildClassesDex" in project "Project1.dproj" -- FAILED.
Done building project "Project1.dproj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(894,5): error MSB3073: The command "PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\ProgramData\ComposerSetup\bin;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\Scripts\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\xampp\php;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files\Heroku\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Xor-el\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin; & "C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\Xor-el\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\FMX\Android\Release\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Android\Release\google-play-licensing.dex.jar" " exited with code 1.
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:01.59

Earlier I said: "You will probably need to change that to the corresponding path for your JDK version 7 (mine is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80)"

54 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Earlier I said: "You will probably need to change that to the corresponding path for your JDK version 7 (mine is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80)"

Ok, I just installed JDK 7 ( jdk1.7.0_80 ) and changed the corresponding path as you stated, restarted my PC, same issues,
Am gradually losing my mind here.

Thanks all, I finally got it to work. Unfortunately I had to uninstall every other Java version leaving only JDK 1.8_60.
It seems Tokyo only works with JDK 1.8_60.

Thanks once again.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:15 PM, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Could you please report your issue with Java 9 to Quality Portal. Having different Java versions should not be an issue.

It will be an issue if the Android tools don't support it, and nothing EMBT can do anything about.

11 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

It will be an issue if the Android tools don't support it, and nothing EMBT can do anything about.

AFAIK, everything in Android is directly configurable. Android tools don't need to support Java 9, but they should work if Java 9 is installed along side with Java 8

Edited by Dalija Prasnikar

I guess the above problem came from me.

https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/KastriFree/issues/36

for me i never changed the java JDK 1.8_60.

All Android fmx compile with no problem.

Compiling without dw-webchromeclient.jar compile with no problem.

So in my opinion ,and i mite be wrong, dw-webchromeclient.jar  is the problem.

Edited by limelect

11 hours ago, limelect said:

So in my opinion ,and i mite be wrong, dw-webchromeclient.jar  is the problem.

It's not the problem, since it compiles fine for me, and others - see this link:

i.e. Yaron has been able to compile using the .jar

On my machine, I have Android SDK 25.2.5, and the following settings reflected in the Delphi SDK manager:

Build tools: 28.0.3 (this path is used for things like ZipAlign.exe and Aapt.exe)

Platform: android-28

JDK: 1.8.0_191   (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\bin is the *only* entry pointing to a JDK in the PATH environment variable)

I'm pretty sure those are the ones that matter.

It has no dependency on any Delphi version, if that's what you meant. I just tried compiling it in Delphi 10.1 Berlin with the correct SDK settings (as per my last message) and there were no errors.

Edited by Dave Nottage

@Dave NottageBy version i mean what ever is needed to change in my Delphi to some thing else.

My Delphi works and is stable i am NOT going to change any thing to go into problems.

This java should work on my system as on another.

Like if i take normal pascal file ,no api or else inside, from ver 5-7 and compile it

with 10+ it will compile with no problems.

How about placing the java SOURCE here.

I did dicompile DWWebChromeClient.class but it is better to have it work on ALL systems.

Edited by limelect

one solution i have found is to disable all the unnecessary android library files in the project configuration/libraries (right hand pane)