picaflor.libre

Mobile Tutorial: Using InterBase ToGo with FireDAC (iOS and Android)

Hello

I created a little app step by step like in the descrition from Embarcadero.

After many hours I see now, if I run the app from Delphi, the db - I think - is not to the Android device copied. In the deployment settings I have the db and the license. 

The Android folder with my app is invisible (protected) so I can not copy the IB to go db to my phone.

As a beginner now my question - what is the correct way? Or can I use the standard document folder to save my db? - Because if I change the phone I will to copy my db to the new phone...

Regards Roger

Roger,

In your Project | Deployment section, please make sure you select the database file and have its "Remote Path" set to "assets\internal" for Android. The GetDocumentsPath() takes your database from this location. Also, the database file name is case sensitive; so make sure the database file name in your Project Deployment listing is the same as the one in your code where you are accessing it as thus...

TPath.Combine(TPath.GetDocumentsPath, 'yourDatabase.ib');

I hope you have selected "InterBase ToGo" in the Featured Files selection to identify and deploy InterBase files to be deployed to Android, from within the IDE. See step (2) at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Mobile_Tutorial:_Using_InterBase_ToGo_with_FireDAC_(iOS_and_Android)#Deploying_InterBase_ToGo_Required_Files_and_the_Database_File_to_Mobile