Silver Black

Where is the Install command in the Project Manager of D10.3?

In Delphi 2010 I installed a set of components by opening the dproj file, then builind it from the Project Manager and then by clicking on Install from the pop-up menu that appeared right clicking on the project name in the Project Manager.

But now with Delphi 10.3.3 the "Install" command is not there, there are just Compile, Build, Clean, Run, etc.. Where is the Install button? Does it depends on the fact that I have the Community Edition? I just wanted to add the TShellControls in Delphi 10.3.3.

Immagine.png

Do the ShellControls come with two packages, one for runtime and one for designtime?

Have you opened the runtime package instead of the designtime package and tried to install it?

This works only for designtime packages.

Edited by GPRSNerd

1 hour ago, GPRSNerd said:

Do the ShellControls come with two packages, one for runtime and one for designtime?

Have you opened the runtime package instead of the designtime package and tried to install it?

This works only for designtime packages.

I have always installed these components this way, anytime I installed Delphi from scratch and it always worked, there was always the Install command in the pop up menu. 

The TShellControls come with old versions of Delphi and we're distributed with the source code. 

4 minutes ago, Silver Black said:

I have always installed these components this way, anytime I installed Delphi from scratch and it always worked, there was always the Install command in the pop up menu. 

The TShellControls come with old versions of Delphi and we're distributed with the source code. 

You didn't answer any of the questions.

Because I don't know if they come with a package or the other, I have the source and I compiled/build it then installed it. It always worked so I wasn't co cerned about it any further. 

46 minutes ago, Silver Black said:

Because I don't know if they come with a package or the other, I have the source and I compiled/build it then installed it. It always worked so I wasn't co cerned about it any further. 

Component -> Install Component    Browse to file name, and select Install into a new package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Meyer said:

Component -> Install Component    Browse to file name, and select Install into a new package.

Thank you, apparently it worked: doing so I create a new bpl package and I see the it checked in the design packages list. But if I start a new VCL project I can't see the components of the new package in the palette... And if I open an old project that uses them the compiler can't find them.

How is that?

On 9/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, FPiette said:

You package must be flagged as "Design time page". See the package project options.

I must be blind, I can't see where these options are.

In "Usage options" there is "Design and runtime" flagged, is this it?

26 minutes ago, Silver Black said:

I must be blind, I can't see where these options are.

In "Usage options" there is "Design and runtime" flagged, is this it? 

You are at the right place. A package can be either designtime or runtime or both. You select what you need. To get "install" in to project manager popup menu, a package must be "Designtime" or "Designtime and runtime".

On 9/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, Bill Meyer said:

It is already what I'm doing. All succesful, the components appears in the list of component (if I choose "Install component" I can see the list), but then I don't have the components in the tools palette!

3 minutes ago, FPiette said:

You are at the right place. A package can be either designtime or runtime or both. You select what you need. To get "install" in to project manager popup menu, a package must be "Designtime" or "Designtime and runtime".

I get the Install, I build and install succesfully, but I can't see the components in the palette when I creare a new VCL project. Until Delphi 2010 I had no problem at all installing these components, now I really don't know what to do.

And in the menu Component -> Install Packages ... are your components checked?
Probably yes, when they show up sometimes. 

5 hours ago, Stano said:

And in the menu Component -> Install Packages ... are your components checked?
Probably yes, when they show up sometimes. 

They always show up and they are checked. Quite weird...