Bert-Jan

XCode 12 compile error

Or use GetIt. RAD Studio will link you to the patch on the launch page.

I can confirm this solves the linkers errors when using TClientDataSets with SDK 14.2.
I'll try 14.3 next, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

May you have a good day today..
I have been suffering for the first week because of this content.
The same error occurs even though I upgraded today (Platform Assistant Server Version 12.1.10.5) as shown below.
Thank you in advance for your quick help.

Last login: Fri Dec 18 22:38:57 on console
/Applications/PAServer-21.0.app/Contents/MacOS/paserver ; exit;
itelos@itelosui-MacBookPro ~ % /Applications/PAServer-21.0.app/Contents/MacOS/paserver ; exit;
Platform Assistant Server  Version 12.1.10.5
Copyright (c) 2009-2020 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Connection Profile password <press Enter for no password>: 

Starting Platform Assistant Server on port 64211

Type ? for available commands
>

[DCC Error] E2597 Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    Error: "__ZdlPv", referenced from:      _DllGetClassObject in alchemy.o);      __ZN14DSBASE_Factory14CreateInstanceEP8IUnknownRK4GUIDPPv in alchemy.o);      __ZN16DSCursor_Factory14CreateInstanceEP8IUnknownRK4GUIDPPv in alchemy.o);      __ZN22DATAPACKETREAD_Factory14CreateInstanceEP8IUnknownRK4GUIDPPv in alchemy.o);      __ZN23DATAPACKETWRITE_Factory14CreateInstanceEP8IUnknownRK4GUIDPPv in alchemy.o);      __Z9GetFldObjjiP7DSXML_WPP7FLDConv in dspickle.o);      __ZN12DSDATAPACKETD2Ev in dspickle.o);      ...
    Error: "__ZdaPv", referenced from:      __Z15MakeAdtFldDescsjP20DSDATAPACKETFLDDescXPjPP16DSPROVADTFLDDesc in dspickle.o);      __ZN12DSDATAPACKET12DelRecStatesEv in dspickle.o);      __ZN9DSEXTRACT12DelRecStatesEv in dspickle.o);      __Z12MakeFldDescsjP9DSFLDDescPjPS0_S1_ in ds.o);      __ZN6DSBASE8ResetAllEv in ds.o);      __ZN6DSBASE8AddFieldEP9DSFLDDesc in ds.o);      __ZN10LTABLEListD2Ev in ds.o);      ...
  ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

Edited by TELOS KIM

May you have a good day today.. I have been suffering for the first week because of this content. The same error occurs even though I upgraded today (Platform Assistant Server Version 12.1.10.5) as shown below. Thank you in advance for your quick help.

6 minutes ago, emailx45 said:

just for subscription

Can you post the archive somewhere? thank you in advance

21 hours ago, Martifan said:

where can I download it?

Tools|GetIt Package Manager. In Categories, filter by Patches and Hotfixes:

image.thumb.png.a45bcf7d20e54a8c44b4abdfbabcd781.png

21 hours ago, gioma said:

I have installed the patch but nothing changes:

Unless the patch has been fixed by now, you need to also download the latest PAServer. Please see:

https://delphiworlds.com/2020/12/apple-patch-re-patched/

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I am having the same issues:

- Delphi 10.4.1 - December Patch applied

- XCode 12.2 

- MacOS Catalina

- Installed new PAServer on MacOS

- Deleted "scratch-dir" from PAServer

- Deleted iOS SDK in Delphi

- Reimported iOS SDK

But when i build an iOS App for Release, i also get only "EXPORT SUCCEEDED" and "Failed". Thats very anoying 😞

Some additional informations:

My project is under version control. I checked it out on two different windows machines. Both running the same delphi (10.4.1. all patches applied). Both machines use the same MacBook with the same PAServer. Both Delphi's have the same settings when it comes to the provisioning profiles etc. 

Machine 1: everything works like expected

Machine 2: error "export succceed"

So my conclusion is: there must be a difference in the delphi installation

Update:
On the machine that isn't working i also did a complete reinstall of delphi and all of its components. I deinstalled delphi, deleted all remaing folders (documents, programmData,...) and also deleted all registry keys. After that i did a fresh install of delphi 10.4..1 and installed all the patches: the result is the same: it didn't work.

Edited by OlliWW

I finally found a workarround, no true solution, because the cause of the issue is still unknown but after hours of testing and debugging:

I added a new windows user to my machine (lokal user with lokal administrator rights [don't know if that is necessary, since the old user is also an administrator]). With this new user i can compile and pack my ipa-file and everything works as expected. so i think there's something in the users-profile which causes this issue. Since i deleted every "delphi"-directory before reinstalling it can't be any file related stuff. maybe some path variables? some user rights? 

my killer tip:

• if "possible" always create a folder as your "root" with privilegies for any user or user "ALL"
  • for example:
    • my RAD Studio is installed in Drive C in the folder named "EMB"
    • this folder is on the "root" C, then, it should have same privilegies than others in C root, or be, my common user in my MSWindows is not have any super-privilegie
    • for that my tatic is "give it" "Total Control" and "Owner" attribute.
    • that way, my C:\EMB, will be my "root" folder for all sub-folders (Components Suites, Firebird, etc...) installed in my directory
    • Now, does not matter if my common user needs or not "be" a super-user in this directory, you see?
  • Sorry, my english is very poor to explain my idea!

image.thumb.png.4fc47456468cc4d2681a31a40b828baa.png

hug and Merry Christmas!

Hi !

I have the same error ... i have the patch and the last version ou PAServer

And i have this message :

' [PAClient Erreur] Erreur : E0776 2020-12-29 14:17:28.849 xcodebuild[14242:259479] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path '/var/folders/zm/w8j7dc4n7_s7hbsrdk104w3r0000gn/T/BanquesMobile_2020-12-29_14-17-28.848.xcdistributionlogs'. '

[PAClient Erreur] Erreur : E0776 ** EXPORT SUCCEEDED **

But it works in developpement configuration but not in Store App configuration ....

Any ideas ?

Hi Guys !

So now i can build with Xcode 12 and for IOS 14 !

So the solution for me is :

In project --> options --> version information --> CFBundleName, put : $(ModuleName)

Now i can build my project for the AppStore (Thanks weabow !!!!!)

Gabriel

Edited by Gabriel_Cogima
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 5:32 PM, Gabriel_Cogima said:

Hi Guys !

So now i can build with Xcode 12 and for IOS 14 !

So the solution for me is :

In project --> options --> version information --> CFBundleName, put : $(ModuleName)

Now i can build my project for the AppStore (Thanks weabow !!!!!)

Gabriel

Approved! Thank you. 

I can approve that too, current Rx10.4.2.

Suddenly in a project the CFBundleName appeared as "iPhone", instead of $(ModuleName).

I assume this happened when changing UIDeviceFamily from iPhone to iPhone & iPad, but not sure.

What I heavily hope is that the version and options dialog will get much more stable one day.

On 12/29/2020 at 2:22 PM, Gabriel_Cogima said:

Hi !

I have the same error ... i have the patch and the last version ou PAServer

And i have this message :

' [PAClient Erreur] Erreur : E0776 2020-12-29 14:17:28.849 xcodebuild[14242:259479] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path '/var/folders/zm/w8j7dc4n7_s7hbsrdk104w3r0000gn/T/BanquesMobile_2020-12-29_14-17-28.848.xcdistributionlogs'. '

[PAClient Erreur] Erreur : E0776 ** EXPORT SUCCEEDED **

But it works in developpement configuration but not in Store App configuration ....

Any ideas ?

I have the same problem, but my CFBundleName isn't the problem. Has anyone had this problem as well? When I create a blank new app, it works just fine and creates the .ipa file, but doesn't work with my project.

On 5/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, vrelisean said:

image.png.932527e6d4be5313b9eeb573da7cca7b.png

Exactly these values. I even tried opening a new project, but the issue persists.

Figured out the problem. The project name had a dot in it, so just removing it solved the issue (eg. Project.X to ProjectX).