Sign in to follow this  
Tntman

Delphi with T SQL

Have anyone used Delphi with Tsql ? What are advantages and disadvantages in your opinion ? 

I would like to try Delphi with TSQL but there are no relevant resources to learn online, maybe im googling it wrong but as i can see there are not so many resources to learn from ( with examples etc ) 

Can somebody give me some resources where I can read and learn more about this ? Thank you

Hi...:classic_cool:

The question is...why you want the imho old TSQL instead of FireDAC, UNIDAC, Zeos? :classic_huh:

Edited by haentschman

Are we talking about MS SQL Server T-SQL - or is there a TSQL class somewhere?

Regardless of which - I'd say go for FireDAC.

3 hours ago, haentschman said:

Hi...:classic_cool:

The question is...why you want the imho old TSQL instead of FireDAC, UNIDAC, Zeos? :classic_huh:

I found some delphi job online that says that candidates should know tsql.. I just wanted to check it out, i realized that it's pretty old stuff since there are not many examples online.. 

1 hour ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Are we talking about MS SQL Server T-SQL - or is there a TSQL class somewhere?

Regardless of which - I'd say go for FireDAC.

Yes, im talking about ms sql with t sql.. My bad i did not explained well in my first post.. 

Is there any older method except firedac

T-Sql is the language for handling an MsSql database. If you want to do 
an ms-sql stored procedure to use in delphi or other language 
it should be in t-sql. 
If it were an Oracle DB it would be PlSql. 
In time: T-Sql is nothing old.
Learn it. You just have to win.
Sorry by my poor english.
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:13 AM, Lars Fosdal said:

is there a TSQL class somewhere?

The old dbExpress components were named TSQL<something>

So can I install on my PC Mysql workbench for example and create DB file and than follow this tutorial -> 

to connect to database ?

Also can I ship my .exe with that DB file to friend so he can use it? I mean i can obviously do that but is this a right way of doing things ?

That tutorial is using SQL Lite as an embedded database and is a little different from using something like M$ SQL Server or MySQL where there is another service/process running that you are talking to.  That service could be on your computer or on a server were multiple users are talking to it at the same time over a network.  You can write SQL commands against them all, but the features and syntax for some functionally changes from database to database and some are not even available.

If you want to use SQL Lite you do not need MySQL or M$ SQL Server, you can do everything with FireDAC.  I have never used SQL Lite with FireDAC personally. (sometimes I miss the BDE and dbase days, I think I just aged myself)

Check this comparison for a sample of just three of the free database out there:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/sqlite-vs-mysql-vs-postgresql-a-comparison-of-relational-database-management-systems

Also check out: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Using_SQLite_with_FireDAC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom Chamberlain said:

That tutorial is using SQL Lite as an embedded database and is a little different from using something like M$ SQL Server or MySQL where there is another service/process running that you are talking to.  That service could be on your computer or on a server were multiple users are talking to it at the same time over a network.  You can write SQL commands against them all, but the features and syntax for some functionally changes from database to database and some are not even available.

If you want to use SQL Lite you do not need MySQL or M$ SQL Server, you can do everything with FireDAC.  I have never used SQL Lite with FireDAC personally. (sometimes I miss the BDE and dbase days, I think I just aged myself)

Check this comparison for a sample of just three of the free database out there:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/sqlite-vs-mysql-vs-postgresql-a-comparison-of-relational-database-management-systems

Also check out: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Using_SQLite_with_FireDAC

Ty for answering, yes i know that sqlite and ms are different but i was talking about approach to both databases.. I just posted this sqlite video because i did not find other for ms access.. 

So basically approach is to make a db file for ms access database and point its location on pc and application will talk to it and perform crud operations