Silver Black

Code insight doesn't work with my main project on 10.3.3

With my main and biggest project, Code Insight doen't work on 10.3.3.

I discovered that deleting al .DCU files it starts working again... until next build or run! Then it just stops working. 

Does this happen to others? Any help would be appreciated.  It worked like a charm until Delphi 2010 (I jumped from D2010 to 10.3).

If I can't fix this I'm really planning to go back to the 2010 version, because I can't develop without code-insight (auto-completion, etc.), it seems to be back to the 90s... I'm really disappointed,

EDIT: update: the issue is when I work on some units only!!! With the most of other project units it works! Very odd.

Edited by Silver Black

I use 10.3.3 with IDE Fix Pack and have not had that issue to such an extent.

It has happened though that Code Insight has stopped working.

If I remember correctly it works after a while or just by restarting the IDE. These incidents have been very few and far between, so for me it has not been much of an issue.

I will pay more attention next time it happens.

But I do use 10.3.3 + IDE Fix Pack on a daily basis on a very big project.

I had to disable one of the modules in IDE Fix Pack.

In system-wide environment variables, I have created new entry named IDEFixPack.DisabledPatches. Value is: Compiler.KibitzIgnoreErrors

After IDE restart, I have not seen this problem anymore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vandrovnik said:

I had to disable one of the modules in IDE Fix Pack.

In system-wide environment variables, I have created new entry named IDEFixPack.DisabledPatches. Value is: Compiler.KibitzIgnoreErrors

After IDE restart, I have not seen this problem anymore.

Applied this trick, updated verions of IDEFixePack and DDevExtensions, but it doesn't work.

Problem is much more complex: the code completion doesn't work on some unit, but in other yes (the most, fortunately). On the units where it works it works even after I rebuild or run the project, in other units it stops working. The oddest thing is that if from a unit where it works I move to a unit where it doesn't work, when I return to the unit where it worked... it doens't work anymore! (I have to delete che DCU file to make it work again).

And on other projects it works perfectly on every unit.

2 hours ago, Silver Black said:

Applied this trick, updated verions of IDEFixePack and DDevExtensions, but it doesn't work.

Does it happen when you uninstall IDE Fix Pack? If no, you may need to disable more modules of IDE Fix Pack, in my case this one was enough.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, Vandrovnik said:

Does it happen when you uninstall IDE Fix Pack? If no, you may need to disable more modules of IDE Fix Pack, in my case this one was enough.

Thank you, I didn't try to uninstall IDE Fix Pack yet.