Sign in to follow this  
Tommi Prami

Does Filter Exceptions make Delphi to steal focus

I am not 100% sure is it Filter Exceptions, but I'll filter quite a lot expected exceptions in unit tests, and can't do anything while it is running because Delphi keeps up jumping in front of everything all the time.

Can someone confirm this? (or debunk my theory :)  ) . I'll look into it, if I can temporarily disable it (Have not checked yet, had to write this message so I do not forget)

-Tee-

Edited by Tommi Prami

46 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Yes, it is the culprit. And unfortunately I see no way to solve this.

Thanks.

Damnation 🙂 Anyhow it is good feature.

-Tee-

On 10/15/2020 at 10:00 AM, Kas Ob. said:

May be setting a message hook and monitor for WM_KILLFOCUS, might help restoring the last focus.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/285406/detecting-an-application-focus-change-hooking-something-for-hwnd-changes

Restoring the focus is not the problem, but it stealing it.

IDE is jumping in front of all apps all the time if used Extensively. Can't use any other app then.

-Tee-

Why are you running unit tests under the debugger if you are not interested in well actually debugging? If there are any unexpected exceptions the tests will be red and then you select those and start looking into the defects.

18 hours ago, Stefan Glienke said:

Why are you running unit tests under the debugger if you are not interested in well actually debugging? If there are any unexpected exceptions the tests will be red and then you select those and start looking into the defects.

Partly Just a force of habit I think. Sometimes seems to be hard to find the single test and debug that. Also I've got few test that only works locally not in Jenkins server (trying to figure that out), also few that takes too long on that slow server so I run them only in debug (truthfully those test are not needed, but I've written them so don't want to delete them 😄 )

Also always forget to populate the list in TestInsight with >> button first and search the one I am actually interested in.

But anyhow, very good point  😄

4 hours ago, Tommi Prami said:

Also I've got few test that only works locally not in Jenkins server (trying to figure that out)

Check the permissions on Jenkins. Depending on the configuration your Jenkins runs as system or as a dedicated user, but not as "you". So it may not have access to some things.

21 hours ago, luebbe said:

Check the permissions on Jenkins. Depending on the configuration your Jenkins runs as system or as a dedicated user, but not as "you". So it may not have access to some things.

We are investicating 🙂