Christen Blom-Dahl

Outdated Delphi Roadmap

Last Delphi roadmap was published in May 2019 https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/rad-studio-roadmap-may-2019 and later updated in August 2019 https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/august-2019-delphi-android-beta-plans-august-roadmap-update. Those roadmaps cover up to mid 2020. It would be great to have an updated roadmap to know the future evolution of Delphi.

What do you think?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Maughan said:

Maybe something special is brewing! If I had to guess maybe it would be RAD WebAssembly

Oh, please nothing special, just make 10.4.x usable first.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vandrovnik said:

Oh, please nothing special, just make 10.4.x usable first.

It's a roadmap not a punch-list!

1 hour ago, Steve Maughan said:

Maybe something special is brewing! If I had to guess maybe it would be RAD WebAssembly

That would be a nice addition to fill the gap and cover all the mainstream web technologies.

The problem is how to add a new platform without distracting resources from the current platforms.

Also, ARM compilers for Mac and possibly other desktop platforms will be needed. 

I asked this question in the FB Delphi developer group. Bruce McGee answered a month ago: "It's in the works". I have no idea whenever he has some insider information about it or not.

It would be really useful to know when we can expect the hotfix for the compiler error in 10.4.1.

51 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

"It's in the works".

I'm afraid the roadmap is delayed by the Coro....             !!#\-?§?/&§  :classic_angry: Oh fuck, not again this phrase.

3 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

"It's in the works".

Then at least they should invest some time on preparing a roadmap for the roadmap.

On 11/9/2020 at 7:55 AM, Lars Fosdal said:

The lack of a progress indicator in the GetItCmd process is annoying.

And other details, such as when it "restarts" without first killing the IDE.

waiting for... uhhhhh I died.... i cant wait it... uhhh DelTRYyyyyyyy :classic_cheerleader:

Waiting for Christmas eve, ..... lots of gifts, presents and good mood :classic_biggrin: 👼

Edited by Rollo62