Sue King

Installing Radiant Shapes into Rio

Has anyone succeeded with this ?  I can't get past the page where it asks for Username, Organisation and Serial number.  Next is never enabled.

I didn't think it needed a serial number.  I've tried my Rad Studio SN, as well as one I have for Radiant Shapes from a few years back.

(Sorry if this is a double-post - it hasn't appeared in my list of topics)

Sue

4 hours ago, Sue King said:

I didn't think it needed a serial number.

Well, so you think they ask for a serial number just for joking?

What makes you feel they want to have the serial from embarcadero or that they will accept a very old serial from themself? 

Ask the vendor support, they will help you

It installed flawlessly here, but I have to admit that I used an old Raize serial number which the installer automatically suggested.

2 hours ago, Schokohase said:

Well, so you think they ask for a serial number just for joking?

What makes you feel they want to have the serial from embarcadero or that they will accept a very old serial from themself? 

Ask the vendor support, they will help you

I thought it didn't need a serial number because of a post by Marco Canto on 30 March, 2017.  This post is about components and libraries available on Getit for Tokyo 10.2.

One paragraph, labeled Konopka Controls and Radiant Shapes states

'While they still run a separate installer, this is not asking for an additional license key any more and installs the components only for 10.2 Tokyo'.

I thought the same would happen for Rio.

Before raising an issue with Embarcadero, I thought I would check with others in case I was missing something simple.

For anyone who has this problem, I found the solution on the Embarcadero forums (second attempt).

An email with a serial number was sent out in June 2017.  This was a different serial number from the one I had been trying.  It worked.

I did have to add the component package manually.

The requirement for a serial number has now been removed.   The GetIt installer will now work.  However you will have to copy the *.BPL library files from the installation directory (under "Program Files (x86)/Raize/RadiantShapes") to the correct locations yourself.