Lars Fosdal

Offline Installer - GetIt doesn't work with msg JSON metadata not found ?

Did you use the offline installer or the web installer?
If you used the offline installer, please see: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Release_Notes.

If you use the offline installer, RAD Studio will not be able to access the GetIt Package Manager until you manually switch to "online mode".
To do this, we recommend using the GetItCmd.exe tool: 
GetItCmd.exe -c=useonline

Wich idiot (NOFI) wrote the getit manager? 

Feels like it's done by some intern? 

Slow search, Slow scroll, can not queue packages to install at once and go drink coffee. 

(sorry bad day 🙂 )

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

Wich idiot (NOFI) wrote the getit manager? 

Feels like it's done by some intern? 

Slow search, Slow scroll, can not queue packages to install at once and go drink coffee. 

(sorry bad day 🙂 )

calm down! calm down!

Coffee and Heart-beat it's bad, mainly, in this pandemic days!

11 hours ago, emailx45 said:

calm down! calm down!

Coffee and Heart-beat it's bad, mainly, in this pandemic days!

Always cost me a day to install or upgrade the Delphi IDE (now upgrading from 10.3 to 10.4), never goes smooth.

but sorry for the bad words 🙂

look, many components downloaded by GetIt stay on C:\Public\...\CatalogRepository in zip or another format, then, try keep copy of last updates.  try do it before close the install screen...

Edited by Guest

To do this, we recommend using the GetItCmd.exe tool: GetItCmd.exe -c=useonline

I have tried to use GetitCmd.exe but I receive this response : 

GetIt Package Manager - Version 7.0
Copyright (c) 2020 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Command failed with 1 exit code!

On the Welcome page of Delphi it shows me this message:
The Embarcadero GetIt server could not be reached.

This has been happening since I installed Sydney 10.4.1

Edited by gioma

Installing D12 was "fun" for me.

I made the stupid mistake of trying to import settings from V11.3 and got dozens of errors during the install and each time I ran it.

Tried uninstalling, and that took ages before finally locking up. Tried the uninstaller again, and got told it couldn't uninstall without telling me why.

Fortunately, I run Delphi in a VM, so I just created a new duplicate of my working dev VM and installed it from there. Don't really understand why the "offline" installer spent most of its time downloading things, but finally it completed.

One of the bugs that was causing me problems is fixed. Another has supposedly been fixed, but has not, and within the first 10 minutes I found a couple of new bugs.

I'm looking forward to the first maintenance release.

Edited by Mike Warren

1 hour ago, Mike Warren said:

I made the stupid mistake of trying to import settings from V11.3 and got dozens of errors during the install and each time I ran it.

When importing settings using Migration Tool, there is a button "Version Migration", which probably should (must?) be used when upgrading from 11.3 to 12. At least I have used it and got no errors.

15 hours ago, Vandrovnik said:

When importing settings using Migration Tool, there is a button "Version Migration", which probably should (must?) be used when upgrading from 11.3 to 12. At least I have used it and got no errors.

That's what I used the first time where everything got messed up. I skipped it on the second installation and in the small amount of testing I've done the installation seems to have worked fine.