DelphiMT

Any luck using 10.4.1 on Windows 8.1?

I just tried to install 10.4.1 on my Windows 8.1 virtual and got the error that RAD Studio no longer supports installation on Windows 8.1, but you can ignore the error and install anyhow. Has anyone else tried using 10.4.1 on Windows 8.1 -- if so, did you have any problems?

I prefer to use 8.1 because I can control what Windows updates are installed.

Thanks!

hint: you won't have much Windows update for sure on Windows 8.1 nowadays.. Its MainStream support is ended since January 2018... 😉

Edited by Arnaud Bouchez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arnaud Bouchez said:

hint: you won't have much Windows update for sure on Windows 8.1 nowadays.. Its MainStream support is ended since January 2018... 😉

It still gets security fixes which is all I want.

I have installed it on 8.1 too (and another installation on Windows 10). But since 4.1 isn't stable enough for me to use it in every day work, I can't really say whether there are any Win 8.1 specific issues.

1 hour ago, dummzeuch said:

I have installed it on 8.1 too (and another installation on Windows 10). But since 4.1 isn't stable enough for me to use it in every day work, I can't really say whether there are any Win 8.1 specific issues.

That's disappointing.. I've been away from Delphi for a few months and was hoping things had gotten better with the new release. Which is the most stable recent version of Delphi in your experience?

I need to compile 64bit apps for Android and macOS, I was under the impression that 10.4.1 was the only version that could do that.

15 minutes ago, DelphiMT said:

I need to compile 64bit apps for Android and macOS, I was under the impression that 10.4.1 was the only version that could do that.

Support for OSX 64-bit was introduced in 10.3.2:

https://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2019-july-building-mocOS64-apps-delphi.html

Support for Android 64-bit was introduced in 10.3.3:

https://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2019-delphi-android-64bit-rad-1033.html

• Like 1