Syntri

IDE Fix pack for Rio

I've just tried this and found that when a form is opened, I'm getting Internal error C00001D.  This is with both VCL and FMX projects.  I ended up uninstalling it.

Has anyone else seen something like this ?

On 1/22/2019 at 10:21 AM, Sue King said:

I've just tried this and found that when a form is opened, I'm getting Internal error C00001D.  This is with both VCL and FMX projects.  I ended up uninstalling it.

Has anyone else seen something like this ?

Was this with the 64 bit compiler or the 32 bit compiler?

On 1/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, Johan Bontes said:

When I run a 64-bit application under the debugger (F9) the following error pops up:

Debugger Assertion Failure "apiOK"

in ..\win32src\w64mgr.cpp at Line 79

This assertion is thrown when the debugger's CreateProcess() call to start the application fails. I think it would be better to tell the user what the problem is (RaiseLastOSError) instead of showing the informationless "apiOK" message box.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this bug with the projects I have.

14 hours ago, jbg said:

This assertion is thrown when the debugger's CreateProcess() call to start the application fails. I think it would be better to tell the user what the problem is (RaiseLastOSError) instead of showing the informationless "apiOK" message box.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this bug with the projects I have.

Let me try and see if I can reproduce this error with a simple sample project. and post that here later.

On 1/12/2019 at 5:56 PM, jbg said:

Added: Fix for TStringList.IndexOfName bug (RSP-21633)

This patch has no effect for me (win32 compiler)

Hi @jbg,

I'm facing some strange issues within the IDE. Some properties does duplicate their contents :

Here is a simple test case

Create a new VCL application

Drop a FDMemtable

Edit the FieldDefs, dialog will appears:

- create 2 fields

- Select any of the created field and change it's datatype : the datatype dropdown list will display all datatypes

Close FieldDefs dialog

Edit again the FieldDefs dialog will appears:

- Select any of the created field and change it's datatype : the datatype dropdown list will display duplicated datatypes (2 times)

- create 2 fields

- Select any of the created field and change it's datatype : the datatype dropdown list will display duplicated datatypes (4 times)

I also add another issue (I did not found so far a way to reproduce it) where a "Datasource" property listed TFieldType instead of available TDatasources...

Hope this will helps you to fix this.

Regards

On 1/27/2019 at 9:28 AM, jbg said:

Was this with the 64 bit compiler or the 32 bit compiler?

32 bit compiler,

I'll see if I can narrow it down a bit and create a sample project that shows the error.

6 hours ago, sh17 said:

This patch has no effect for me (win32 compiler)

That's because the bug is only fixed for the IDE. Your applications don't get the fix from the IDEFixPack.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Stéphane Wierzbicki said:

I'm facing some strange issues within the IDE. Some properties does duplicate their contents :

The attached IDEFixPack development snapshot fixes this TCustomListBox IDEFixPack bug.

IDEFixPackD103Reg64.7z

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Another IDEFixPack development snapshot that fixes the IDEFixPack bug RSP-23405 that was reported to Embarcadero.

Changelog:

- Fixed: With CompilerSpeedPack64 the Win64 compiler generated broken code for asm-blocks

Edited by jbg
  • Like 1

Is it the right binary? Looks like the previous one. :classic_ninja: (2.264.576 bytes, exe-date is 12-jan-2019)

Delphi shows "Error creating form: External exception C000001D." when I try to open one of my data modules. When I uninstall the IDE Fix Pack, the error disappears.

I deleted all the code from the module, left only one memory table with a data source object, and the error is still here. Please see the files attached. Tested on Delphi Win 32-bit. IDE Fix Pack dev 2019-01-31-1645 for Delphi 10.3.

uData.ZIP

1 hour ago, Kryvich said:

Delphi shows "Error creating form: External exception C000001D." when I try to open one of my data modules.

I can't reproduce this. I've created a VCL Win32 Application and added your DataModule to the project. Closed the project, opened it and opened the DataModule. But no exception was thrown.

That's strange. I disabled all third party design packages, but the error is still here. I just open uData.pas without creating any project. See the video:

https://youtu.be/RfB0Lo4ggL4

May be somebody else can test it on his/her computer.

5 hours ago, Kryvich said:

ested on Delphi Win 32-bit. IDE Fix Pack dev 2019-01-31-1645 for Delphi 10.3.

$C000001D is illegal instruction. What CPU do you have? Maybe there is an SSE4 or SSE4.2 instruction in IDEFixPack that isn't protected by an availability check.

Edited by jbg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kryvich said:

@jbg I've tested on AMD Phenom II X4 955. Yes, it seems that this processor supports SSE4a only.

I don't have any processor that old, so finding the illegal instruction is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Could you run the IDE with WinDbg or any other debugger attached, so you get the CPU instruction that isn't supported?

Of course, I can debug Delphi in Delphi. There is an exception:

First chance exception at $0B69F219. Exception class $C000001D with message 'system exception (code 0xc000001d) at 0x0b69f219'. Process bds.exe (4868)

The debugger stopped here:

0B69F215 F30F6F0A         movdqu xmm1,dqword ptr [edx]
0B69F219 660F3817CB       ptest xmm1,xmm3  // <--------- here
0B69F21E 0F8582000000     jnz $0b69f2a6
0B69F224 660F6FE1         movdqa xmm4,xmm1

A new development snapshot of IDEFixPack is available.

This fixes the usage of a SSE 4.1 CPU instruction ("ptest") in a code block that only checked for SSE 2. This bug caused older CPUs to throw 0xC000001D "illegal instruction" exception.

IDEFixPackD103RegDev.7z

fastdccD103vDev.7z

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@jbg I rechecked uData.pas, the error is gone.

Thank you for your support of the community!