Greggory

View toolbar icons suddenly not working

I'm working with Delphi 10.4.1 and everything was going along quite well but then one day the four icons on the IDE's "View" toolbar just quit working.  They give the graphical appearance of being clicked but they don't toggle the form/unit or whatever; nothing happens when I click any of them.  All the buttons on the other toolbars work and I can work around this but it's inconvenient and distracting.  Has anyone else run into this or have an idea what would cause such a  thing?

On 11/18/2020 at 8:44 AM, Greggory said:

I'm working with Delphi 10.4.1 and everything was going along quite well but then one day the four icons on the IDE's "View" toolbar just quit working.  They give the graphical appearance of being clicked but they don't toggle the form/unit or whatever; nothing happens when I click any of them.  All the buttons on the other toolbars work and I can work around this but it's inconvenient and distracting.  Has anyone else run into this or have an idea what would cause such a  thing?

I think this could be a problem in MSWindows!
See my case: I never had this kind of problem, until the last updates of MSWindows, I do not know to specify which exactly now.

But, I will start from build 1909!

I use RAD Studio 10.3.3 Arch (Rio), and, I like to customize the IDE's menu buttons, nothing too exaggerated, just add one or the other button, and remove some that I don't use (like for example, the alignments), but I really like the "Close all" button.

So, 2 or 3 times, I already had this kind of situation when customizing the button bar: when I went to add the button "Close All", the button on the side, it looked the same!

And, after a few tries, I closed the IDE, and, I opened it again and I could see that the buttons are ok! However, at that moment, I had two buttons with the same appearance, but in reality, they were the two buttons with their proper functions ...

So, my tip would be: install MSWindows on a VM and install your IDE on it, and see the result. Make any customizations you want to test the button bar. If everything is ok, then I would try reinstalling the IDE on the computer!

Now, if you want to explore your Registry for anomalies, it could also be another way to fix your IDE.

Can anyone confirm that this only happens on Windows 2004?

Yesterday after installing the MS Windows patches offered by the company my "View unit" button stopped working, while it was fine before. Same Delphi version (10.4.1) on a different machine, receiving updates from MS directly (therefore, instead of 2004 it's 20H2) it's all fine.

I have RAD 10.4.1 installed in a VM (VirtualBox) with MSWindows 10 Enterprise 20H2 and all buttons and icons is normal!

So the company just allowed 20H2 on our developer machines. Unfortunately the toolbar icon still does not work but the key combination does.

I could try a reinstall of Delphi but I really don't feel the motivation to do so.