Geowink

Missing DPR

Had to get a new PC. Put Delphi 2009 on it (can't afford Embarcadero's ridiculous price) and when I try to compile an old project it says the dpr file is missing. It is not missing. The file is there. Any idea what is missing?

3 minutes ago, Geowink said:

Put Delphi 2009 on it (can't afford Embarcadero's ridiculous price)

There is a free Community Edition available.

3 minutes ago, Geowink said:

when I try to compile an old project it says the dpr file is missing. It is not missing. The file is there. Any idea what is missing?

What is the EXACT error message?  Does it say WHICH dpr file is missing?  Maybe your project has a dependency that is missing?  Can you provide your project's file hierarchy, setup, etc?

Here is the error message

(DCC Fatal Error) NewXX.dpr(1):F1027 Unit not found:'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu)

Not sure what System.pas is.

So it doesn't say that the dpr file is missing. It says that the system unit is missing. This is possibly an issue with how you installed delphi. Or some erroneous settings in the existing project files. 

@Geowink That error message can be interpreted as the compiler found incompatible dcu files and tried to link them, so clean all your project folders from any dcu files and it will build fine.

I have clear.cmd file in my project folders to remove any temporary files, which contains the command:

del /f /s *.~* *.bak *.dcu *.identcache *.local *.map *.drc *.cbk *.stat *.tds

That clean is OK but look if there are not all DCU available somewhere on disk because of some path. If you have several Delphi versions installed, maybe D2009 "sees" file from other version as well. Check the paths. It is also possible that D2009 is incorrectly installed and system.dcu is really missing.

Finally determined the problem. For some reason the location of the files was not in the Library. I tracked down their locations, put them in the Library and things now compile. Thanks for your help in tracking this down.

Have the same issue after returning from vacation.

Delphi 11.3 Version 28.0.47991.2819

When i create a new VCL project and try to compile, i got the follow error

image.thumb.png.4fc35ba217fb45d38696c95518518ee8.png

The dcc32 parameter looks also good.

image.thumb.png.d5402d3b4bf35e43266450bdc2065c02.png

I checked the file "system.dcu". The file are exists and is in the correct directory

image.thumb.png.9fa2a32de1f09700e7ed2038b47762d8.png

Also the extry in the librarypath is correct.

image.png.135d2308eb76371954c9306c7fecd74b.png

I did an update this morning to a 3 party library from TMS. I did this also at my notebook too, At the notebook i can compile any project, but at my desktop PC i'm not be able to compile any project.

I haven't had such a problem all these years. I no longer understand the world.

I am grateful for any advice.

Gregor

Have been able to fix the problem. Was very funny, the TMS FNC Core components was the cause. I uninstalled all the TMS FNC components and then reinstalled them. Can not explain the error, because I had made the same update on the notebook. There I had no problems.

Had exactly the same issue on one computer a few days ago. I exported the Delphi 11.3 setup with the migration-tool - removed and re-installed Delphi and then imported the setup with the migration-tool. Everything worked fine then on both computers.

I never saw this "hickup" before on my environment...