Christoph Schneider

FB4D – The OpenSource Library for Firebase

For the Google Cloud database Firebase, there was no complete library for Delphi. The new open source library FB4D closes this gap and supports the Firebase Realtime DB, the new Firestore DB, the Firebase Storage (for file storage) and Firebase Functions (for calling server functions). 

For authentication, FB4D currently supports email/password authentication and anonymous login. 

The library builds on the Firebase REST-API and provides all functionality with synchronous and asynchronous methods for the usage within GUI application, services and background threads. Both frameworks VCL and Firemonkey since Delphi 10 Seattle are supported. The library is a pure source code library and relies on class interfaces. 

https://github.com/SchneiderInfosystems/FB4D

The library offers a wiki. Two example applications and a Getting-Started on the wiki will help you to start working with the library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What a great contribution, @Christoph Schneider! Thank you and I'll look at it later.

BTW, The reason the min. supported Delphi version is Seattle is because it depends on new features only available in Seatle+ or you don't want to test it with older versions of Delphi?

Thank you for any feedback to this library.

FB4D uses generics and anonymous functions. Delphi 10 Seattle and older version does not support all language and library features which are used in FB4D. 

thank you for the open source, thats helpfull.

can you help me more that i need to know how many files in firebase storage in folder/ path and that lists too.

thank you any kind for help.

I do not fully understand your question. As I know, there are no limits for the number of files in the Firebase storage but you need to pay when you store more than 5 GB. For more details see the official Firebase price plans at https://firebase.google.com/pricing/.