Oberon82

How to extend CE licence?

Hi,

When your licence expires, go to the CE download page, login with the username your current licence is associated with, and go through the process to download the setup file (it's still D10.3.3) - you can cancel the download once it is offered. You should then be emailed the usual Welcome emails, but your registration email will contain a new key. Use the Licence Manager to install the new key, which will extend your Community Edition licence for another year.

You should of course ensure you still meet the community edition licence criteria.

13 hours ago, simplysup said:

Hi,

When your licence expires, go to the CE download page, login with the username your current licence is associated with, and go through the process to download the setup file (it's still D10.3.3) - you can cancel the download once it is offered. You should then be emailed the usual Welcome emails, but your registration email will contain a new key. Use the Licence Manager to install the new key, which will extend your Community Edition licence for another year.

You should of course ensure you still meet the community edition licence criteria.

Accually a got this instead of licence key.

Our records show that you have previously obtained a trial license for this product and version. A trial license can be issued only once. If you would like to extend the product evaluation, please contact Embarcadero Support

Thank you,
Embarcadero Team

Hi

I'm getting the same. I emailed support and got this reply " The Delphi Community Edition product is supported differently from the other Embarcadero products. Since these products are not eligible for update subscription the Support for these products is only available in the Community Forums,  Embarcadero online documentation and the product Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Here are links to the Community Forums and online resources for the Community Edition products". I've checked all of the links they gave me and I cannot find a single reference to extending the licence.

4 hours ago, brianhig said:

Hi

I'm getting the same. I emailed support and got this reply " The Delphi Community Edition product is supported differently from the other Embarcadero products. Since these products are not eligible for update subscription the Support for these products is only available in the Community Forums,  Embarcadero online documentation and the product Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Here are links to the Community Forums and online resources for the Community Edition products". I've checked all of the links they gave me and I cannot find a single reference to extending the licence.

Prev time i got the same answer when tried to get a licence extention via support. Whom to write i got from forum or stackoverflow i can't remember. So i am asking here maybe someone can tell me how to extend. 

9 hours ago, Oberon82 said:

Our records show that you have previously obtained a trial license for this product and version. A trial license can be issued only once. If you would like to extend the product evaluation, please contact Embarcadero Support

Thank you,
Embarcadero Team

Are you sure you went to the right place? https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/free-download

Put in your login details and click on Download Now, just worked for me (although my CE licence has not expired, so I received my current licence key again).

11 hours ago, Oberon82 said:

Thank you,
Embarcadero Team

From the CE FAQs, a Trail version and a CE version are two separate things.  Did you really install a Trail license before and not a CE license?

7 hours ago, brianhig said:

Here are links to the Community Forums and online resources for the Community Edition products

I wonder if Support is aware that Embarcadero's Community Forums for Delphi/C++Builder no longer exist?

2 hours ago, Oberon82 said:

Prev time i got the same answer when tried to get a licence extention via support. Whom to write i got from forum or stackoverflow i can't remember. So i am asking here maybe someone can tell me how to extend. 

AFAIK, you simply can't extend a Trial license, or a CE license.  But you can obtain a new CE license once your existing CE license has expired.

12 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

AFAIK, you simply can't extend a Trial license, or a CE license.  But you can obtain a new CE license once your existing CE license has expired.

How?

4 hours ago, Oberon82 said:

How?

By simply downloading the latest CE version after your CE license expires.  A new license will be emailed to you.

4 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

@Marco Cantu - Can you clarify the appropriate way of renewing a Community Edition license?

You can't RENEW a CE license.  You have to obtain a NEW license annually.

This is clearly stated in the Community Edition FAQs:

https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/faq

The term of the Community Edition license is for one year from your first download or unsealing of Licensor's Products ("Community Edition Term") and will automatically expire upon the end of the Community Edition Term - the Community Edition license will not auto-renew. To the extent you want to continue using the Community Edition after the expiration or termination of your Community Edition Term, you must re-install the latest version of the Community Edition and agree with the terms and conditions of the Agreement in force at that time. For example, if Licensee installed the Community Edition v1.0 and upon expiration of the Community Edition Term intends to continue using the Community Edition then, subject to Licensee's continued compliance with the additional license terms and restrictions of the Community Edition, Licensee must re-install the then current version of the Community Edition license. Upon expiration of the Community Edition Term, all software developed using the Community Edition license may continue to be distributed by Licensee subject to the terms and restrictions of the License Agreement. All restrictions and conditions relating to the Community Edition license shall survive the termination or expiration of your Community Edition Term. The Community Edition license will automatically terminate upon Licensee's breach of the terms specified in the License Agreement.

Users will be able to request a new 1 year key through the website. That key will be applicable to the current Community Edition that's available for download at that time.

We will assist you to stay current and up to date, always on the latest version.

Edited by Remy Lebeau

2 minutes ago, Remy Lebeau said:

By simply downloading the latest CE version after your CE license expires.  A new license will be emailed to you.

I did it but all what i got was this:

Thank you,
Embarcadero Team

1 minute ago, Oberon82 said:

I did it but all what i got was this

You didn't answer my earlier question about that:

From the CE FAQs, a Trail version and a CE version are two separate things.  Did you really install a Trail license before and not a CE license?

1 hour ago, Oberon82 said:

Yes. 

Yes, what?  Yes, you answered the question?  Or the answer is yes, you installed a Trial license and not a CE license.

The automatic non-renewal or not of the license for the CEs, is a way of not committing to future updates, in this edition. Thus, Embarcadero will or will not always be releasing "a new contract", and not "a renewal of the old contract", since the contract is terminated at the end of the year of use!

If there is no renewal, then the contract ends on the stipulated date and no more is said about it!

Thank you for using our "decoy" products!

Interesting!

2 hours ago, Oberon82 said:

Yes. 

hi @Oberon82

create a new account with a new email, and all will be solved! :classic_rolleyes:

NOTE: clear your cache-Browser or automatic login for use the new account!

Edited by Guest

Assuming you are actually using CE version mainly.

You are excited about new 10.4 features and wanted to see them at first hand. So, you installed it on your computer for trial.

You uninstalled 10.4 from your computer before the end of trial period (or after, or keeping it without using).

At that point, I suspect, Embarcadero puts you (your e-mail address and relevant account linked to your CE license) in "not eligible for CE anymore" list.

Hence the e-mail messages received.

I wonder if that theory is correct for people having problems updating their CE licenses.

Edited by ertank

Last time the license for Delphi 10.3 CE expired, they did not renew it, but offered a new license for Delphi 10.3.3 Rio CE. Let's see what they will do this time. Hopefully, they will offer a new 10.4.x license as a Christmas present. 🙂

@ertank - If you do that, the trial license may still be hanging around, but can be removed using the LicenseManager.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\<version>.0\bin\LicenseManager.exe

I did not do that. This is what I suspect reading e-mails sent from Embarcadero.